The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Profexii Question For Mike Brown
Robbie Bossert

WESCOSVILLE,PA,U.S.A.
Post  Posted 15 May 2000 7:59 pm    

I've been saving my favorites from the card to the user banks. However, user goes from 1, 2, 3, than jumps right #11. I can't seem to figure out how to get #4 to follow #3 and so on. I saved a tone to user #3, but it's not showing up. How do I get them to fall in order?
Robbie

Robbie Bossert

WESCOSVILLE,PA,U.S.A.
Post  Posted 18 May 2000 12:27 pm    

ANYBODY!!!!!!

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 18 May 2000 2:17 pm    

Try a "factory reset" and see if that helps. Sometimes clearing everything out and starting over will fix a lot of problems on that machine.

I don't remember which buttons you hold down while powering the unit on. It might be the right and down arrows. Try them, if that doesn't work try pressing the up and left while turning on the power.

After you get it reset, reload the programs and see what happens.

Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 19 May 2000 6:07 am    

I suggest that you reinitialize the unit as Jack stated. It sounds as if the FACTORY preset number and the USER preset number don't match. This was a quick method of "mapping" on the older Profex II. We removed this "quick mapping" capability on the latest software of the Tubefex, Transtube Fex and Session 2000 to eliminate confusion when mapping presets.

However, there "is" another method of remapping which is explained in the GLOBAL section. I can be reached toll free in the U.S. at 1-877-732-8391 and will be glad to walk you through the procedure.

Michael Maese

Fayetteville, AR
Post  Posted 19 May 2000 7:02 am    

There are two levels of storage in the Profex II - presets and programs (I believe this may be the mapping capability mentioned in Mike's post.). On pages 13 & 14 of the manual the distinctions are made. The presets are the data that are stored in factory, user, and cartridge. The button finalizes the location of the presets in one of these three areas. The programs allow one to create a set of pointers to the presets so that favorite presets could be called in some convenient, incremental fashion, say at a gig where lots of profex changes are called for in a short period of time - no hunting for the necessary preset. Also, the program pointers seem to be what the MIDI controller manipulates.
It seems possible to me that you are seeing the program level. When you look at the display from the left, the first number is the program number (like A1, A3, B37, etc). The number to the right of the name is the preset number (like F1, U45, etc) and indicates where the preset is actually stored. If you edit the first number you get an opportunity to make any preset active at that location. During this process you will actually view the presets in their assigned locations. The instructions for doing this begin at the bottom of page 15.
Owning a Profex II has provided quite a few mysteries to solve. I'm not sure if this is the answer your problem, but it resembles the situation I just described. Hope it helps.

Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 23 May 2000 11:16 am    

Thanks for your help, Michael.
Pix, let me know if this solves your problem. I can be reached at 1-877-732-8391.

Bobby Lee

Cloverdale, California, USA
Post  Posted 23 May 2000 2:54 pm    

It took me a while to understand that "presets vs programs" distinction too. It's sort of like "pointers" in C++.

Bill Crook

Goodlettsville, TN , Spending my kid's inheritance
Post  Posted 25 May 2000 9:51 am    

Hey bOb...

Ain't that C++ a real dog to work with ?

Tried it a time or two ,and figgered out that I ain't ready to give up Visual Basic yet !!