The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  My new Hilton Volume pedal!!!!
Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 12 Apr 2000 10:06 pm    

I've been very happy with my Goodrich active volume pedal for years. I am very familiar with a clean(no wet blanket)sound; but I was begining to hate volume pots because of the noise in the pot that "WILL" happen eventually(I know because I play more dates a year than there are days in the year> ), so I got a Hilton pedal. I am very impressed with Keith Hiltons knowledge he has displayed over and over again here on the forum.
Well It arrived today and I didn't even play through it until I gave it the ole Ricky Davis test.
I plugged my steel straight into the amp with the volume of the amp on 4, and played a couple of chords and listened to the real sound of my steel. Than I plugged my steel into my Goodrich active volume pedal then pedal to amp and same volume on amp; there was about a 25% signal loss with the pedal wide open; but the sound was about the same. Then I plugged into the Hilton pedal then to the amp and Guys it was like the steel was plugged straight into the amp; but now you have a volume control.
The Hilton pedal WON hands down. Then I started playing and It lasted almost two hours. I haven't sat down and practiced like that in years; because I couldn't get out of the chair.
This pedal Opened the largest door yet in giving the true sound of the steel guitar and the action is perfect and height adjustment is there for any angle you want and you can even control the overall volume of the pedal and does not change the sound whatsoever.
If you don't have this volume pedal already;or have one coming; I just don't believe it. You will never know just how much your stupid volume pedal is robbing you of the sound of your guitar. I'm not endorsed by Keith Hilton and I paid full price for this pedal and I didn't have to say a thing. But Ya'll are my family(well extended family); and I care very much about my family and when I can spread good news I will; the same way I value good news and input from others. We all learn from each other and I learn almost something new everyday on here. So I am hereby telling you> "learn from me on this one" because I have gone through so many things in the steel guitar world; and this is single handedly the most apparent first thing out of your guitar, difference you should make.
Love ya and Have fun.
Ricky

------------------
Ricky Davis
http://hometown.aol.com/sshawaiian/RickyHomepage.html
http://users.interlinks.net/rebel/steel/steel.html
sshawaiian@aol.com

Ron Whitworth

Yuma,Ariz.USA Yeah they say it's a DRY heat !!
Post  Posted 13 Apr 2000 3:13 am    

Hello Ricky;
I will have to agree with you about the new Hilton pedal.I have had mine about 4 weeks now & it sounds soooo good it is scary!! Every time I plug into a different amp it blows me over..The sound is so clean;clear & natural.I just can not say enough good about this pedal..For the folks who have not tried or heard one of these pedals-go try one out at a friend's or a dealer's place..For the money you spend you will be AMAZED at your "NEW" sound you will hear..Thanks Ron

Jay Ganz

Out Behind The Barn
Post  Posted 13 Apr 2000 12:18 pm    

I don't suppose those things can be made to
attach to an old Emmons pedal bar can they?

Keith Hilton

248 Laurel Road Ozark, Missouri 65721
Post  Posted 13 Apr 2000 4:00 pm    

Jay, we manufacture pedal bar mounts that fit the Emmons and Derby guitars. They mount and look the same.
Please visit my web-site http://www.duanesmusic.com/hilton.html

------------------