The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Nashville 1000 vs Sessions 2000
Jim Mathis

Overland Park, Kansas, USA
Post  Posted 5 Apr 2000 2:00 pm    

I am thinking of buying a new amp in the near future. Should I wait for a Sessions 2000 or buy a Nashville 1000. How much more is the 2000? I don't have a have a TransTube FX, but might get one. The Sessions 2000 is appealing to me because of its "one-piece" concept. What are the other differences? When is the Sessions 2000 supposed to be available?

Jim

Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 7 Apr 2000 7:47 am    

Hello Jim,
Thanks for your inquiry of our steel amps. The Nashville 1000 carries a manufacturers suggested retail price of $999.99. The MSRP of the Session 2000 is $1299.99. The PX300 powered extension is $849.99 and the RC2000 midi handcontroller is $199.99.

All products except the Session 2000 are in production now, but the Session will be in full production after this month.

The big difference between the Session 2000 and say a Transtube Fex, is that the Session has four equalization curve "modes". The four modes are Classic, Modern, Nashville and Session. Each of these four modes can be selected and programmed into the preset as you build it. With the help of pro Nashville steel guitarists and some of our steel playing dealers, we have programmed a whole new list of presets for the Session 2000. Check it out when you get a chance. You can also check out our website at www.peavey.com and look under products. This will allow you to select the product that you wish.

Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 7 Apr 2000 7:54 am    

Jim,
Yes it is "one piece" as far as the main power amp and the tubefex-like preamp module being built into one cabinet with the speaker. But be aware that for the stereo effect of the preamp patches, you do need to have a second speaker, such as the matched cabinet (PX-300)that Mike mentioned. That cabinet, by the way, is also powered. So this system would get you down to two pieces versus three with a regular tubefex-type preamp (and power amp in same rack) plus two speakers.
The Nashville 1000 is mono, of course, so your choice might depend on how much you crave that stereo sound (and how many pieces you're willing to carry to your gigs).
Just my humble 2 cents, FWIW (usually appraised at 1 cent)

[This message was edited by Jim Cohen on 09 April 2000 at 11:52 AM.]

Jim Mathis

Overland Park, Kansas, USA
Post  Posted 9 Apr 2000 10:29 am    

Mike & Jim, Thanks for the info. Since I am not in any hurry, I think I will wait until I have a chance to hear a Session 2000. For $300 more, it might be worth it.