The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Transferred rhythm tapes to CD !
Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 18 Feb 2000 7:04 pm    

I am miles behind you guys in steel playing technique and technology but over the years I have purchased alot of steel instructional material from various sources (Buddy Emmons, Herby Wallace, Jeff Newman, etc). I recently transferred almost all of the rhythm tracks from tape to CD using my Phillips CD recorder. It has made a Tremendous difference to me! It is alot more fun to practice. It is so easy now to sit at my steel and push the remote button to play the back up for my favorite tunes to play along with and practice, without rewinding, etc. The sound is great and the convenience is wonderfull. I also did this with my Band in the Box sound tracks. What a pleasure-arent we glad that we have modern technology ! Now if I could just play the steel the way you guys do I would be in heaven for sure. But I keep practicing and have a ton of fun doing it and for me that is what it is all about. (Sounds like someone saying "its only a game" when there team is loosing, doesnt it !). Love this forum.