The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Any advice on settings for DD-3 & Nashville 400
Russ

Easton, Pa. Northampton
Post  Posted 11 Feb 2000 9:38 am    

Can anyone give me any preferd settings for the Boss DD-3 Digital Delay & the reverb on the Nashville 400 & any best ways to connect them up for the best sound. I am new at this & would welcome any & all comments Thank you Russ,

------------------
Russ Kern

Chris Lang

Post  Posted 16 Feb 2000 7:51 am    

Russ, I am sorry that you have'nt gotten a reply on your question. I will tell you how I had mine set up. You can either run your steel into the DD-3, then out to the amp.,or run the DD-3 in the effects loop. As for the settings, that is a matter of taste. I have found that most delays used in steel applications require only milliseconds. The best effect that I got from my DD-3, was to hook up and turn your depth (or level) about 3/4 way up. Then start turning the time up from zero untill you can hear a quick, or "Slapback" delay..Most of the steelers prefer this "Slapback" delay, because the delay is "in and out" and does not carry over into the next note. I have forgotten exactly what controls the DD-3 has, but if you email me back with them, I will offer advice. As for the reverb,I have found that when you use an external effects unit, you will tend to need less reverb. Once again, this is all subjective and is a matter of personal taste.

------------------