The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  KUSH speaker cabinet
Steve B

Garland Texas
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2000 5:02 pm    

Has anyone ever heard of this brand "KUSH". It looks to me like a 60's or 70's kind of cabinet in the style of Fender or Sunn. I think the wood is particle board, and it is heavy. This is a single 15, a little less than 12 inches deep. When I got it, it had a 16 ohm Peavey made by James B Lansing (JBL?)speaker. I recently loaded the cab w/ an 8 ohm Carvin 400 watt speaker, and it sounds pretty good w/ PSG, but not very good with bass guitar. I have never seen another "KUSH" cabinet and was just curious.

Joe E

Houston Texas
Post  Posted 10 Feb 2000 11:41 am    

Never heard of a Kush either. The problem with bass guitar is that there is not enough volume of air in the cab for the extended low end. Whats the dimentions? The deeper the cabinet the more low end response (to an extent) Also is it a ported or closed cabinet? Too small of a cabinet will have to much pressure on the spkr cone, and to large of a cabinet will leave it flappin' in the wind. I also see here on the Forum that many people are going crazy switching spkrs around. What you have to becareful of is: if its a closed box, only certain speakers with specific specks will work in that cabinet. In other words: Speaker mfg match the cabinet volume (size) to a specific spkr. OH yeah, open backs are a different monster, and have less constraints.