The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Commercial radio days numbered????
Dave Smith

Whipple/Marietta, OH USA
Post  Posted 3 Apr 2000 10:00 am    

I don't know about y'all, but the only time I listen to radio is when I'm in my truck/car. I used to listen to one of the two "country" stations available in this area but now with all this hot new country crap I keep it tuned to the local "oldies" station. Driving down to the Knoxville show I heard a report that said in ten years, commercial radio as we know it will be gone. Yup, we're all gonna have a fancy receiver in our car that's a kinda pay-per-listen deal delivered via satellite. For $10 per month we can get all the good ole classic country we want and Shanya, Faith, Garth, Tim and the rest of the lot will get to have their own special channel all to themselves. I already have this capability in my home with classic country broadcast 24 hours a day on digital satellite channels. I have a 4DTV receiver and get classic country on two different stations. Man it's great. . .Hank, Hag, Possum, Kitty, Webb, Little Jimmie, Hank Snow, Ray Price . . . anytime, all the time. And to think we'll soon have it on radio too. I love this new technology. Who cares what we call the different types of music - just create the categories and stick 'em in where they belong. For me, Kindly Keep It Country and I'll be happy to pay for it.

Robbie Bossert

WESCOSVILLE,PA,U.S.A.
Post  Posted 3 Apr 2000 8:21 pm    

Hey Dave,
Here's some call letters for ya' if needed with this new system.

W.S.H.I.T. Don't touch that dial. You got **** on it!
Robbie