Author Topic:  I need help locating next of kin of a deceased american who
Andy Greatrix

Edmonton Alberta
Post  Posted 15 Mar 2000 8:54 am    

UBBFriend: Email This Page to
Someone!
The Steel Guitar Forum
Bar Chatter
Help fellow forumites!I'm trying to find next of kin of a deceased American.

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

A good friend of mine by the name of Glen Lacompte,drummer and singer)passed away suddenly of a heart attack yesterday and
the Edmonton country music community is trying to locate his nextof kin.He used to play in Ontario with Bian (BJ) Pawley and Steel player Mike Holder.He was an American and the last I heard, his dad lived in Stockton California.that,s all I have to go on.If you have any information at all, call me at 1-403-346-4377 or to JoyceSmith at 1-780-489-8994.
All the best,-Andy

John Steele

Renfrew, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 15 Mar 2000 5:16 pm    

Andy,
Wish I could help. A couple of things spring to mind, some of which you have probably thought of already.
If the death occured in Edmonton, have you been keeping an eye on the death notice section of the paper? Often times papers in other pertinent locales may also carry notices, (i.e. California) depending on the wishes of the family.
Failing that, have you called the local funeral homes? Although most funeral homes have a standing policy not to release addresses of next-of-kin, they do however usually offer to forward messages of condolences/memorial donations to the next- of-kin.
All deaths in Canada since 1869 must be registered provinically by law. This is a rather extreme method, and takes time, but the provincial registrar may provide information to you. They may not either, depending on their policies.
I still say canvassing the local funeral homes is your best bet. Funeral Directors are swell guys, they'll help if they can.
I hope you find your friend's family. If I can help, please let me know.
-John

Andy Greatrix

Edmonton Alberta
Post  Posted 16 Mar 2000 5:50 am    

Thanks for the reply John.The bass player Glenn worked with, asked the landlord to let him in to Glenns' apartment, whereupon, he found Glenns' address books. It seems Glenns' father lives in Biloxi Mississipee.With a lot of luck, we have a chance of contacting his relatives.I will know more by tonight. Also his name was Glenn Lecompte.I had the wrong spelling.This has not been a good month for me. My duo partner,Leo Robertson,AKA Lou Roberts, passed away from cancer on the 26th of February as well.
Thank-you for your kind concern-Andy