The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Sho-bud Pro ii
Larry Beck

Pierre, SD
Post  Posted 30 Jun 2005 1:42 pm    

SHO-BUD PRO II

A Nice SHO-BUD for those who love that sound. This is a Pro II 8X2 with wide foot pedals and the brass barrels on the rods. My best guess based on the style and equipment is 1972-74. Maybe somebody can give me better information. I'm selling this for a friend who loves his Fender 2000 and doesn't play this guitar. There are bar dings between the necks, but thats what you expect after 30 years. I knew the Original owner who is no longer with us so this guitar has only had two owners. It was never played on the road but did play weekend gigs and has some of the finish checking associated with South Dakota summers and winters. The OHSC is solid but shows wear and tear on the tolex. A little contact cement would help the cosmetics on the case. There is a leg/rod pouch too.

The current owner is asking 1750 plus shipping. You can use my Paypal account or a money order if you like. Usual donation to the forum when it sells. However, The owner has asked me to put it on eBay if it doesn't sell here in 10 days. As you well know, they don't make any more of these. Since I am the middle man in this transation, all sales are final. If you want to stop by and try it your self let me know. I can email any additional pictures you would like. If you want to hear it, I can record a brief clip and email that to you.

[This message was edited by Larry Beck on 30 June 2005 at 02:43 PM.]

Jay Hallstrom

Kenmore, Washington, USA
Post  Posted 30 Jun 2005 4:17 pm    

You have mail.

Farris Currie

Ona, Florida, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 1 Jul 2005 8:28 am    

LARRY,i sent you a email,just curious,i got a professional,wondering what the difference is in the pro2. i owned a pro2 one time,but it was nylon tuners. farris

Larry Beck

Pierre, SD
Post  Posted 1 Jul 2005 9:05 am    

For those who asked for additional pictures, I'll post them Saturday if it is not sold by then. (it is "on hold" for the first forumite who emailed me)

Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 1 Jul 2005 9:09 am    

Farris the very first Pro-II is exactly like a Professional in every way; except the Pro-II pulled the barrels with two-hole pullers on crossbars and the professional pulled with Racks.
Then "The Pro-II" came out with a set screw to fix the rod to the puller and double raise/single lower fingers with nylon tuners....and on from there.
This is a very nice and clean first series Pro-II that Larry has and the barrel tuners behind two-hole pullers is my FAVORITE Sho-bud ever> smooth as silk and the largest sound I've ever heard.

Farris Currie

Post  Posted 1 Jul 2005 11:43 am    

THANKS RICKY, thats just what i thought, man if i could win the lotto. i got 3 numbers last wk, paid me 4.50 and i traded it back in plus .50 cents for 5 more chances. dang i need it bad. hahahhahahfarris

David Doggett

Bawl'mer, MD (formerly of MS, Nawluns, Gnashville, Knocksville, Lost Angeles, Bahsten. and Philly)
Post  Posted 1 Jul 2005 3:05 pm    

Just curious, has anybody got a picture of the two hole puller mechanism Ricky is talking about? Bobbe Seymour once said he thought the Pro III was the best undercarriage Sho-Bud ever made, but Ricky seems to have a different opinion.

Stephen Gambrell

Over there
Post  Posted 1 Jul 2005 3:07 pm    

Can ANYBODY post a photo of an ugly Sho-Bud? I don't believe they ever built one...

Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 1 Jul 2005 3:46 pm    

Sorry Larry for hijacking the thread; but it's relevant..ha...and David> here is the first series Pro-II underside like Larry's with Barrel tuners behind two-hole pullers.

Bobbe and I see eye to eye on many things; but we also agree to disagree on many things, and that's what makes us good friends.
The Pro-III mechanism is indeed good; but I prefer the older single raise/single lower fingers(the best sounding Sho-bud ever made)with barrel tuners behind two hole pullers and the reason is> when you affix the rod at the puller and pull a nylon tuner against the finger; you have FLEX...and flex negates to tension. The barrel tuner behind the puller has almost NO flex and is the smoothest most reliable action I've ever felt. You can push my pedals down with your picky finger nail and not even bend the nail; but the pedal goes and comes back in a possitive fassion. Here's the LDG version of that.

Again; I'm sorry Larry for the chatter on your buy and sell thread; but when I have a chance to fill in details on the best Sho-bud ever made> I jump...ha.
Ricky

Larry Beck

Pierre, SD
Post  Posted 1 Jul 2005 4:36 pm    

Ricky,
It's not hijacking when it contributes to our knowledge about what is being offered. This forum is about learning and I thank you for the ShoBud 101 lesson (Pro II chapter).
Besides, anytime you have something to say, I want to listen.

Farris Currie

Post  Posted 2 Jul 2005 12:01 pm    

Thank the good LORD this don't have a clear top or i would be selling the house next week. Man this is more than a man can stand!! farris

Larry Robbins

Fort Edward, New York
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2005 1:16 pm    

I have the exact, same PRO II and believe me (and Ricky ) these buds sound and play great! If I didn't have two allready........

------------------
SHO~BUDS, Steelkings,
Fender guitars,
Hilton pedals, Preston
covers, and Taylor(Tut, that is)Resos.

Still Country after all these years....

David Doggett

Bawl'mer, MD (formerly of MS, Nawluns, Gnashville, Knocksville, Lost Angeles, Bahsten. and Philly)
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2005 1:37 pm    

Thanks for the pictures and info, Ricky. Good luck selling this one Larry. I'm sure it will make some Sho-Bud lover happy.

Larry Beck

Pierre, SD
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2005 2:55 pm    

Sale pending
Actually I could have sold it a bunch of times, too bad I'm not from Nigeria

Larry Beck

Pierre, SD
Post  Posted 11 Jul 2005 5:17 pm    

Please close this. Guitar sold. Thanks to all who inquired and Ricky for his information.