The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Older American Strat for trade
James Sission

Sugar Land,Texas USA
Post  Posted 6 May 2005 12:12 pm    

I would like to get into a pro model S-10 or SD-10 with emmons set up. I would be willing to trade/(partial trade w/some cash) my old American Strat for it. The strat is a triple colored starburst with maple neck. It DOES NOT have the F-Tuners, someone put some newer tuners on it at some point before I got it. I have owned it 15+years and only played it a few times. I play my Tele's and dont care much for strats. This guitar has normal wear on it, a few nicks around the strap button and some small scratches. I have some pictures if you would like to see them or if someone would like to post them for me, that would be cool too. I am told 2 different stories on this strat, one is that it is an 84 and one is that its a 74. I really dont know for sure, but it is an American Strat and has the larger headstock on it...E mail or call me if with any offers or ideas....James...281-507-9674

Bobby Duncan

Pensacola, FL, USA (these days)
Post  Posted 6 May 2005 1:29 pm    

It should be easy enough to tell the year. If the serial # starts with S4, that's a 74, and if it starts with E4, that's an 84.
Good luck to ya,
BD

James Sission

Sugar Land,Texas USA
Post  Posted 6 May 2005 1:33 pm    

Thank you, I am not at home, but my roomate will be there in a little while and I will find out and post it.For those who asked for pictures in email, I am sorry, the disk I used will only read one picture, the back of the guitar. I will take some more with a new disk in the morning and try to send them....Sorry....James

Cliff Kane

the late great golden state
Post  Posted 6 May 2005 1:38 pm    

A '74 would also have the big headstock and three bolt neck, no?

James Sission

Sugar Land,Texas USA
Post  Posted 6 May 2005 1:52 pm    

I am not to sure, I really never had any interest in getting rid of the axe to be honest. I always thought it was kinda cool to own it even if I didnt play it. I can tell you this, mine looks amazingly like this one I just found, 3 neck bolt on and all...http://www.stratcollector.com/scn/base/74.html
One of my old guitars teachers told me once it was a 74 and asked me to call him if I ever wanted to part with it...I have no idea where he is now....James

James Sission

Sugar Land,Texas USA
Post  Posted 6 May 2005 2:53 pm    

Ok, the serial number is an "s" prefix and from what I can look up on the net, that makes it a 70's something model....I cant swear to that, but from all I have been able to find, that is what it appears to be....So, anyone wanna do some dealing ?...James

Chris Bauer

Nashville, TN USA
Post  Posted 6 May 2005 6:29 pm    

Wow! I never knew they made strats just for older Americans! Now that I have my AARP card, I ought to look into this.

James Sission

Sugar Land,Texas USA
Post  Posted 12 May 2005 12:51 pm    

b0b, please close this. I put the guitar on ebay and its already close its reserve price. Thanks.....James