The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Two steels for sale..
Bob Carlucci

Candor, New York, USA
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2005 8:05 pm    

MSA S 10 ... $925... Was Blue... Lacquer has faded to clear...3+4

Sho Bud Pro I... 5+5... Maple/ w Mahogony stain..... $1375

I would rather not ship these... I would prefer if any one interested would spend an afternoon playing either one before deciding... The MSA is being returned after two weeks, and I want to make sure the next buyer is happy with either steel...email for more details bob

Joseph De Feo

Narberth, Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 19 Apr 2005 8:05 am    

Hello Bob,

I have been trying to e-mail you today. Was
returned twice. Can you e-mail me any pic's
of the sho-bud? Any of the undercarrage?

Thanks, Joe.

Jimmie Martin

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 19 Apr 2005 9:40 am    

i sent you an email

Bob Carlucci

Candor, New York, USA
Post  Posted 19 Apr 2005 11:07 am    

Joe... others got thru no problem.. please try again bullet_bob@lycos.com Also for those that want undercarriage pics,The levers are NOT original.. they are Marrs parts..Super Pro Triple raise Double lower changer and Marrs bell cranks... As I stated I would not want these to be shipped.. I know that narrows the buying possiblities by 95%,but I don't want enemies... The Bud is playing very nice, with smooth action stays in tune well, looks nice from a few steps away, but up close you will see lots of "character".. bar dings, a few small wear spots in the finish, some dings on the pedal rack etc.. Now that NO ONE is interested, let me say,it looks plays and sounds like a Sho Bud ProI should [ I think?] bob

Stephen Gambrell

Over there
Post  Posted 19 Apr 2005 11:28 am    

"a $1375 steel that was bar dinged beyond recognition,has big gouges in the finish,and a pedal rack that is full of big dings and dents, it was suposed to have 6 knees.. it has 5 and one that cannot go on the guitar as there is no room..."

Bob, is THIS the Sho-Bud in question?

Stephen Gambrell

Over there
Post  Posted 19 Apr 2005 11:31 am    

" It is bare underneath.. all the pedal and knee pulls have to be installed..."
Is THIS the Sho-Bud???- I'm not trying to cause trouble here, but I might be interested in the guitar, and I want to know about all the warts and pimples !

Bob Carlucci

Candor, New York, USA
Post  Posted 19 Apr 2005 12:46 pm    

Stephen...Why do you take such pleasure in antagonizing me?/.. Yes Same guitar...It took 3 full days of fitting,cutting rods to length. machining fingers etc, polishing end plates and rack, and adjusting and lubricating everthing.. The REASON I want it to be seen,heard and played, is because of people like yourself who would give wise guy responses to this post. I am no longer interested in this steel at all after all the flak I took about it... i am confident this will now be a nice Bud for someone who can use one.. I spent PLENTY of time sweat and money getting this guitar right, it sounds as a Bud should and plays well. If you notice Mr Gambrell,, I am looking for NOTHING for my hard work.. I just don't want this guitar in the house... I am quite sour on it right now... Thats why I invited interested folks to my home, to look feel touch as long as they like... 5 -10 -15 hours if need be.... I want someone to enjoy this steel... I won't after the heart ache its caused me... I wonder.. Why interupt this thread Mr Gambrell??? .. I've never said anything or done anything to you in any unkind manner.. yet you are always hostile to my posts along with a select few others around here... just wondering what I may have done or said... bob

[This message was edited by Bob Carlucci on 19 April 2005 at 01:48 PM.]

Stephen Gambrell

Over there
Post  Posted 19 Apr 2005 1:21 pm    

And I quote: "I'm not trying to cause trouble here, but I might be interested in the guitar, and I want to know about all the warts and pimples"
Bob, I was simply asking about the condition of the guitar, and verifying that it was the same one you were complaining about. I am not out to get you, ruin your thread, or screw up your sale. Nor am I interested in going all the way to New York to look at a used steel guitar, that may or may not be what I want. Sorry that you got confused, my friend. I'm sure you'll have no trouble selling either of these fine instruments.

Eric West

Portland, Oregon, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 19 Apr 2005 6:23 pm    

See Y'all in Church..

Bless your hearts..

EJL

[This message was edited by Eric West on 19 April 2005 at 07:24 PM.]

Stephen Gambrell

Over there
Post  Posted 19 Apr 2005 8:08 pm    

Eric, didn't I warn you about that Bless Your Heart" thing? I know Hunter S. Thompson's dead, but you gotta find some more inspiration SOMEWHERE, dude! And one trip to Nashville doesn't make you a Southerner, any more than a trip to Oregon would make me a logger.
And what's the "See y'all in church" remark about? You coming to S.C. this weekend?
Come on, let's get out of Bob's thread. He's trying to sell some guitars, and I'm sure we're only in the way.

Joseph De Feo

Narberth, Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2005 8:03 am    

High Bob,
I tried again today but could not get through. Kindly click on my e-mail and
forward pic's. I am looking for a Bud in
budget, that has "the look" but above all,
it should play easy, as I'm a player not
a collector.

Bob Carlucci

Candor, New York, USA
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2005 12:26 pm    

Guys,,, my apologies... I am without a computer for several days.. I am sending this from my pastors home. The steels are still for sale,but I may not have been able to reach most guys that mailed..

I should be back online by this weekend... I can be reached at 607-659-5334,,, I have no email working and the digital camera will need re installation when Dell fixes this rotten computer.. When I am up and running again, I will take good over and unders of both guitars,,, Hopefully by sat night... bob

Jack Mansfield

Reno, NV
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2005 9:01 am    

Bob, I read your comments on the forum all the time and it seems that you are always buying steels then turning around and selling them. Why are you sour on the sho bud, and not want it in your house. Only asking a comments, like Stephen not trying to ruin your sale

Chris Lasher

Blacksburg, VA
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2005 7:12 pm    

Maybe he has really bad GAS.

Gear Acquisition Syndrome.

Bill Hatcher

Atlanta Ga. USA
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2005 7:26 pm    

Bob's OK. I get the feeling that he is still affected by the steels that he has had in the past that he has worn out. He is probably just searching for replacements. Nothing wrong with buying a few and selling a few until the right one comes along. Most of us have been there.
These may not be right for him, but for someone else they could be the missing link! The MSA guitar looks like a good instrument. The faded color seems to be the only issue. No big deal for someone looking for a player.

Bump for Bob.

Jimmie Martin

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 22 Apr 2005 1:24 am    

i second that motion bill

Ron !

Post  Posted 22 Apr 2005 1:30 am    

Make that three.

Ron

------------------
Nikaro Steel Guitars
Nikaro SD10 4x6-Nikaro SD10 4x5-2Peavey 112 Ultra Tube.
nikarosteelguitars@planet.nl
European Steel Guitar Forum

Stephen Gambrell

Over there
Post  Posted 22 Apr 2005 7:12 am    

"The MSA is being returned after two weeks"
From where???

Jimmie Martin

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 22 Apr 2005 8:15 am    

i have a question for all yuns isn't this forum so we can buy and sell as we please plus get answers to steel guitar questions? just asking

Bob Carlucci

Candor, New York, USA
Post  Posted 22 Apr 2005 8:31 pm    

Thanks guys.. I will repost these steels, when I get totally up and running again.. I was down for 4 days and lost everything in the computer, including the digital camera. If you have any interest in these, I will have over and under pics of both guitars hopefully by mid week,, and As I stated, I would prefer a local sale, because I DO feel the need to offer a buyer all his money back if he is not happy.

The MSA was sold and is being returned, so I need some time to see what needs to be addressed.. In any case, neither of these guitars will be sold until I am satisfied with them...

The MSA was played out by myself several times and it was flawless.. It sounded great and played and stayed in tune each time I used it on several important gigs.

I added some pulls for the new buyer and it is quite possible I have a pull rod or bellcrank out of adjustment somewhere.. it will be checked out and corrected before the guitar is put back on "the market"... thanks for your understanding..

b0b or Joey,would you kindly close this for the time being??... I'll repost in a week or so... thanks,, bob