The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  '37 Epiphone Model M 7-string Bob Dunn steel
Eric Stumpf

Newbury, NH 03255
Post  Posted 3 Nov 2004 9:23 am    

After shelving the Mexican flattop with the phonograph needle pickup, the legendary Bob Dunn started playing a 7-string Model M Epiphone Electar lap steel. I have an identical guitar for sale with original case. These are the best-sounding Epiphone steels ever made and it's no surprise that they are: horseshoe pickup and metal plate running from bridge to nut (ala Gibson EH-185) with two tone controls (one is known as the "Rhythm Control" ...extra bass sounding; the other control is conventional and will produce "doo-wahs" if that's your thing). My Electrar is all original in and out as is the beautiful factory tweed case. The original pots and capacitors have been serviced and work as they should. The original Grover-style tuners work . Original hexagonal bakelite knobs. The tone of the guitar is exceptional and actually is nicer than that of my Stringmaster. The body is black-painted wood with the usual host of minor dings and scratches but overall is very, very clean cosmetically and has a lovely aged patina. I've used this sweet old Epi for years and offer it for sale here before it goes to eBay. I would be happy to send jpg. images to those seriously interested. Price: $675.00 plus shipping.

Eric Stumpf

Newbury, NH 03255
Post  Posted 5 Nov 2004 3:30 am    

Sale pending.

Eric Stumpf

Newbury, NH 03255
Post  Posted 8 Nov 2004 11:21 am    

Guitar sold. Forum donation in the mail. Thanks!