The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Marlen SD-10
Stephen Gambrell

Over there
Post  Posted 15 Aug 2004 4:06 pm    

OK, I'm strapped for cash, hate to do it, but the famous Marlen SD-10 is for sale. 3+4, Emmons setup. See pictures under the Marlen post on "Steel Players," or, Ricky's got shots of it on the House of Wood. Guitar is beautiful, plays like a dream, sounds like a REAL steel!!! Case is in excellent shape. 950.00+shipping.
THIS IS A DEAL!!!

Gere Mullican

LaVergne, Tennessee, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 16 Aug 2004 7:28 am    

OK. I will jump in and say I am the biological father of this Marlen. Stephen, I am sorry to hear that you are forced to sell this beauty and I hope it finds a good home. If I had the money I would buy it in a heartbeat. Leonard built this steel for me and I kept it until recently when Northwest airlines lost it in shipment and denied any liability. But that is water under the bridge. Good luck Stephen on you finding a buyer for the steel.
Gere

Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 16 Aug 2004 10:35 am    

Wouldn't that be soooooo cool if Gere got his steel back??? I'd love to see that Gere; and if I had the money, I'd buy it and give it to you> but I'm a poor musician.
Ricky

Stephen Gambrell

Over there
Post  Posted 16 Aug 2004 11:19 am    

Thanks, guys! I got a REAL nice email from Gere, when he found out that I had the steel. He told me the story about the airline losing his guitar, and how Rick McDuffie wound up with it. Even sent me a picture of him playing it!
This really is a FINE guitar, with a cool history. I hate to part with it, just as Ricky hated to part with the Blue Fulawka(SP?) But we've ALL had those financial moments, haven't we???
AND, BTW, I got an email from Charley, but I couldn't reply back---your server wouldn't take my email--but I still have the guitar.

[This message was edited by Stephen Gambrell on 16 August 2004 at 12:20 PM.]

Gere Mullican

LaVergne, Tennessee, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 16 Aug 2004 12:41 pm    

Ricky, I appreciate your kind thought about the Marlen and I know you mean it. Stephen I said in the email to you exactly the way I feel. It was my tough luck the way it turned out and I have marked it up to experience, and I still hope you have good luck in finding a good buyer for it and that it gets treated like it should be. Keep me posted on it's whereabouts. Thanks
Gere

Stephen Gambrell

Over there
Post  Posted 17 Aug 2004 12:40 pm    

Sale pending, thanks y'all!

Duncan Hodge

DeLand, FL USA
Post  Posted 17 Aug 2004 4:43 pm    

Congratulations Steve. That is one beautiful Marlen. If I didn't already have one I would have loved to have had it. Sorry to hear about your trouble. I pray that it is very transient.
Duncan

Rick McDuffie

Benson, North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 18 Aug 2004 8:19 am    

That's an unbelievable price for this guitar. I would gladly have bought it back, Steve, if I had seen your post in time.

Rick

Stephen Gambrell

Over there
Post  Posted 18 Aug 2004 9:36 am    

I emailed you, Rick! Remember?

Stephen Gambrell

Over there
Post  Posted 19 Aug 2004 9:50 am    

SOLD!!! Thanks to all who emailed, check's on the way to b0b. And thanks to Ricky, for having the guitar on the House of Wood site!

Rick McDuffie

Benson, North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 19 Aug 2004 6:32 pm    

Yeah, I remember

I didn't think you were serious. I wanted you to keep it.

Rats.

Duncan Hodge

DeLand, FL USA
Post  Posted 19 Aug 2004 7:03 pm    

C'mon you two. Just kiss and make up. As Jerry Garcia said, more or less a quote..."once the note leaves my guitar it's yours, I'm through with it". I guess the same principle may apply in this case with pedal steels. Although that principle may not apply in the case of Marlens. The guy who sold me mine said that he reserved the right of first offer to buy it back if I ever wanted to sell it. Is that legally binding? In any event, remember the first line of this message. I still wish that I had that Marlen, though.
Duncan