The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  ZB double 10 for sale
Gary Grubb

Petaluma, California, USA
Post  Posted 7 May 2004 5:52 pm    

My previous ad seems to have timed out... so one more time.

ZB double 10, 7 floor, 3 knees. Look good but has a little character!, plays great.

$1100 OBO. Email me for pictures.

Jim Florence

wilburton, Ok. US * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 7 May 2004 6:56 pm    

Gary, I don't know how old you are, but my bet is you'll regret selling that buger.

Gary Grubb

Post  Posted 7 May 2004 7:12 pm    

Yeh, I have thought long and hard about this. I played 15 years professionally and layed off 19 years from playing anything. I figure I am going to focus on a single instrument from here on out... guitar. If I need a steel in my music I'll hire someone who can really play.

BTW, I am amazed that noone has picked this up... it is a bargain IMHO. Cool

Gary Grubb

Post  Posted 7 May 2004 7:15 pm    

I forgot to mention that I am in the market for a high end acoustic guitar. This is my purpose in selling the ZB. I would be willing to trade plus cash for the right guitar.

Stephen Gambrell

Over there
Post  Posted 7 May 2004 8:29 pm    

Gary, I've still got the '55 Martin D-28, and I just picked up a FINE '67 D-18. Let me know if you're interested in either of these good Martins!

Paul Warnik

Illinois,USA
Post  Posted 8 May 2004 4:30 am    

Gary-I sent you an email-Please send pics-I'd like to know what color it is and approx when (during ZB production) it was made-I have owned three ZB guitars-One of them was a two tone red/natural maple with the earlier type logo and earlier type pedals (which were also fashioned into the knee levers)

Chris Boyd

Leonia,N.J./Charlestown,R.I.
Post  Posted 8 May 2004 5:33 am    

Gary...Thanks for your E....I'll send you some pix of the Taylor....Please send me some of the ZB...Thanks!
Chris Boyd

Paul Warnik

Illinois,USA
Post  Posted 8 May 2004 7:56 am    

Gary-my email attempt to you was returned-please send pics and phone # I could call you about it

Gary Grubb

Post  Posted 8 May 2004 9:13 am    

For anyone who needs it I can be reached at 707 763-0100. Also, one of the photos showed rust like effect on springs. It turned out to only be some gunk that collected over the years. It came right off with a toothbrush.

Gary Grubb

Post  Posted 8 May 2004 6:24 pm    

Hello all: Several of you have shown an interest in this guitar and I appreciate that. However, noone as of yet has expressed an interest in buying it. Tomorrow, I am taking it to a collector/dealer for a consignment, possibly a trade in on a beautiful Santa Cruz acoustic. I would much rather sell for cash and have the leverage to buy my guitar no strings attached (no pun intended Cool ). So if any of you are seriously interested in purchasing a classic ZB, serialNo 102, for $1100, please contact me before tomorrow 11:00AM PST.

PS. case is included.

Best regards to all,

Gary Grubb

Stephen Gambrell

Over there
Post  Posted 8 May 2004 6:57 pm    

"I would be willing to trade plus cash for the right guitar."
How about a Ricky Skaggs model Bourgeois, in mint condition?? Indian rosewood, Skaggs' signature on the label?

Gary Grubb

Post  Posted 11 May 2004 8:31 pm    

Bumbit... I got waylayed on Mother's Day and didn;t get the guitar in for consignment. Have decided to have Tom Bradshaw go through it and make appropriate adjustments. One of the forum members is looking serious. Should he back out I'll update here again and see where it goes.

Gary Grubb

Post  Posted 12 May 2004 6:26 pm    

Lot of lookers... no takers so far. The main problem seems to be the "sight unseen" situation we have being remote. The best I can do on that score is to have Tom adjust it and vouch for its condition. I am assuming that Tom will not overrate it as he has his own reputation to protect.

Here is a brief description of the ZB pedal steel and its general condition.

Double Neck 10 string (only E9 strung at this time), blond with dark trim. Seven floor pedal, three knee levers. The body is setup to accomodate extra pedal & lever should you require. Strings are over 20 years old... I'd change them Cool

This steel has character in that the finish is crazing, i.e hairline cracks.

On one end I engraved my identification with an etcher. Back in those days I didn't think I'd ever sell an instrument. Tom says this will come out with polishing if this is a problem for you.

After Tom is finished I expect it will play smooth as silk.

Gary Grubb

Post  Posted 14 May 2004 8:27 pm    

TOm now had the ZB... will be fully adjusted by next weekend. He has agreed to discuss the guitar's condition with potential buyers. Please contact me by email for his home phone number. gary_grubb@agilent.com

Tom Bradshaw

Walnut Creek, California, USA
Post  Posted 16 May 2004 11:39 am    

I just wanted those, who are interested in this guitar, to know that I am only adjusting the undercarriage on this guitar. Those who have seen my restoration work should understand that I'm not restoring this guitar; I'm simply making all the changes function properly and with appropriate ease. This guitar has 3 knee levers and 7 floor pedals. The E9th neck will have the Emmons configuration on the A, B, and C pedals. The two left knee levers will have the E's to F changes and the E's to Eb changes. I don't recommend these changes for the left leg, but they are already there and I don't intend to change them. The one right knee lever (RKR) will lower the 2nd string on the E9th From D# to D, and will lower the 3rd string (C) on the C6th neck to B.

The remaining 4 floor pedals will operate the C6th neck and will be assembled in the common C6th configuration. Since there are only 4 pedals for this neck, there will not be a pedal to actuate the A strings (4th and 8th strings) to the common B pitch.

Gary Grubb

Post  Posted 23 May 2004 11:54 am    

The ZB is back from Tom's. Here's the deal...
If you are ready to buy a guitar

(a) contact Tom for his appraisal. Negotiate w/ Tom if you want him to do additional work.

(b) contact me with a reasonable offer

(c) send me a check for price + shipping (or if Tom does extra work, I'll deliver to him)

(d) You get your ZB

I hope my next reply to this forum is to report that someone got a great guitar.

Gary Grubb

Post  Posted 1 Jun 2004 4:21 pm    

Cool

Gary Grubb

Post  Posted 6 Jun 2004 7:06 am    

Webmaster -- you may take this add off. No one from this forum was interested so I sold it through Craigslist. Thanks