The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Profex two
Jack Lee

Washington, USA
Post  Posted 22 May 2024 2:45 pm    

I accidentally deleted the Newman settings on my profex two. Is there a procedure to bring them back. Thanking you for any advice that I may recieve.

Dan Kelly

Boston, MA
Post  Posted 23 May 2024 2:16 am    

The presets are installed (reinstalled in your case) by copying them from one ProFex II onto a Roland RAM Cartridge. Then the settings are copied from that cartridge on to your unit. There are Profex II users that may let you borrow their RAM Cartridge and you can load the settings from their cartridge.

I have the detailed instructions from the owners manual and can send them to you. Just PM me your e-mail address.

Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 23 May 2024 3:25 am    

JAck Stoner compiled a list of the Newman programs and their parameters. You can find it here. I couldn't open it on my phone, but it opens on my computer.

https://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=304573&sid=f8b859ed228aff0a551596a72c7ddbf9
Carter D10 8p/8k, Dekley S10 3p/4k C6 setup,Regal RD40 Dobro, Recording King Professional Dobro, NV400, NV112,Ibanez Gio guitar, Epiphone SG Special (open E slide guitar) . Playing for 54 years and still counting.

Dan Kelly

Boston, MA
Post  Posted 23 May 2024 4:29 am    

Richard is right... that is another way to load the presets... each one individually, "by hand," so to speak. That approach would be particularly handy if you just used a few of your favorite presets, like most of us do.

PM me if you need the instructions on how to load them "by hand."

Larry Dering

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 23 May 2024 9:17 am    

And Bill Ferguson was offering a borrowing of his card for folks to use and return. Contact him and see if he still has it. He's on the forum.

Ken Fox

Nashville GA USA
Post  Posted 27 May 2024 10:57 am     settings

Do you have the battery-less memory mod? If not I can send one with the Newman settings on it for you

Jack Lee

Washington, USA
Post  Posted 27 May 2024 2:41 pm    

Thanks everyone for the responses and offers of assistance. I not too familiar with the profex and not sure if it has the battery mod or not. I found the manual and will go through it and see what I can find. Thanks for your offer Ken I appreciate that. Will advise and provide more info later on due to some other issues I need to deal with first. Be patient with me please, I am 85 and somewhat senile.

Bobby D. Jones

West Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 28 May 2024 8:10 pm    

If you ever have to send any ProFex Unit for repair to Peavy. Make sure you get a car and down load your settings, They delete everything in repairing it.
Guess how I know that, Da Da Da. I have a card somewhere Mike Sigler RIP loaded for me.

Larry Dering

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 29 May 2024 6:58 pm    

Bobby, those cards have a battery that holds memory about 5 years. Replacing batteries will lose user presets. Don't just change the battery unless you have a profex to reload your presets. I changed my battery while it was plugged into the Profex to keep it alive while I was doing the swap. It's a 3 volt coin battery.