The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Metz Custom Guitar Blackguard
Jeff Metz Jr.

York, Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 20 May 2024 1:22 pm    

Hey guys its been a while since I got to offer up a non commissioned build!
Im super excited about this guitar and am really impressed with the way she turned out.
I went with a light aging job to simulate a well loved , taken care of blackguard.

Body is a lightweight, resonant 3 piece Swamp ash body.
Neck is Rock maple with rosewood skunk stripe.

This particular neck is a very comforable hard V profile with a maple truss plug (51 style) and heel end adjust truss rod. (slot head)

7 1/4" Radius
Nut width is 1.650'
Vintage size nickel silver frets
Nitrocellulose Finish complete with Lacquer checking throughout.
Hardware is all handmade by Mark Rutters with the exception of the tuning keys, and Bridge.
Bridge is stamped "1111"
Pickups are hand wound by Eric Daw of Pinup Custom Guitars.
Bridge pickup is intentionally slightly microphonic to not only amplify the electrical properties of the strings, but also the acoustic properties of the wood.
The pickguard is handmade of bakelite and is as close to an original as you'll find. The guard even has the period correct wavy "grain Lines" in the material just like that of the early 50s fenders.
All the small details on this guitar are there. If your a blackguard fan you will be pleasantly surprised by all the little nitty gritty that goes on here. Nail holes under guard/hardware. Dowel holes on rear of body, "D" stamp in neck pocket/neck heel.
Penciled date on body / neck. Aged "mary" tape inside control cavity. Tadeo Taper on neck rear. Router hump. Tan lines under guard/etc. Too many little things went into this build and It will continue to age naturally as a good blackguard would.
This guitar sounds and plays great! Don't make me keep this one!
Shoot any questions you may have to my inbox . Thanks

I am unable to upload photos for some reason so If you have any serious interest please send me your email address and Ill provide detailed photos right away.
Thank you

$2500.00 plus shipping in lower 48.
Here are a few pictures , as well as some unsolicited testimonials .

https://m.soundcloud.com/tele57/metz-blackguard-tones

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rYEhEWGoNC4&embeds_referring_euri=https%3A%2F%2Freverb.com%2F&source_ve_path=Mjg2NjY&feature=emb_logo

Last edited by Jeff Metz Jr. on 24 May 2024 5:17 pm; edited 2 times in total

Jeff Metz Jr.

York, Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 24 May 2024 5:11 pm     TTT Photos Added!

Whoever gets this one will agree, the photos don't do her justice!
Thanks for the support!

Chris Boyd

Leonia,N.J./Charlestown,R.I.
Post  Posted 25 May 2024 10:56 am    

Truly impressive Jeff !

Jeff Metz Jr.

York, Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 25 May 2024 8:20 pm    

Chris Boyd wrote:
Truly impressive Jeff !

Thank you Chris!
I’m not lying when I say I wish I could afford to keep her!

Steven Portman

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 26 May 2024 7:12 am     Satisfied Metz Blackguard Customer

I wanted to include a quick note about how much I love my Metz Blackguard. (This is an unpaid, unasked-for, subjectively honest endorsement).I bought mine a few years ago, easy, no fuss sale, well packed , great communication and it arrived quickly and safely. I'm only speaking for myself because this is so subjective, but I love mine and I'm glad I nabbed one when I did. I've sold a lot of guitars over the past few years but I kept my Metz tele. As a matter of fact, I just got the tele back from Joe Glaser's shop in Nashville with a B-bender install. Sounds amazing and plays great in my humble opinion. I'm a big fan of Eric Daw's pups and they sing in this guitar. It's a professional piece of gear that has held up for me over thew past few years. Interestingly, I never changed a thing about it (other than the B-bender), because, to me, it's pitch-perfect. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Jeff Metz Jr.

York, Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 27 May 2024 9:11 am     Re: Satisfied Metz Blackguard Customer

Steven Portman wrote:
I wanted to include a quick note about how much I love my Metz Blackguard. (This is an unpaid, unasked-for, subjectively honest endorsement).I bought mine a few years ago, easy, no fuss sale, well packed , great communication and it arrived quickly and safely. I'm only speaking for myself because this is so subjective, but I love mine and I'm glad I nabbed one when I did. I've sold a lot of guitars over the past few years but I kept my Metz tele. As a matter of fact, I just got the tele back from Joe Glaser's shop in Nashville with a B-bender install. Sounds amazing and plays great in my humble opinion. I'm a big fan of Eric Daw's pups and they sing in this guitar. It's a professional piece of gear that has held up for me over thew past few years. Interestingly, I never changed a thing about it (other than the B-bender), because, to me, it's pitch-perfect. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

WOW! Thank you so much Steven! That means a great deal to me! Im super excited that not only was one of my guitars through Glasers shop, but they put in a string bender! I would love to see a video sometime! Thanks again Steven!