The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  msa semi classic s-10 adding more knee levers???
Paul Wade

mundelein,ill
Post  Posted 13 Mar 2021 7:03 am    

can you add more knee levers to a msa semi classic S-10 . I HAVE one comming to me for repair and it only has one knee lever...

Bob Carlucci

Candor, New York, USA
Post  Posted 13 Mar 2021 11:38 am    

Yes the Semi Classic used the same levers and parts from what I remember... The changer on some might have been 2+1 instead of 2+2, but levers, bellcranks, shafts, etc were the same...

no gear list for me.. you don't have the time......

Mike DiAlesandro

Kent, Ohio
Post  Posted 13 Mar 2021 1:16 pm    

Paul,

As Bob said yes it is doable and parts are available.

I just added a knee to a nice Semi-Classic, and the holes for the cross-shaft and the taps into the rear aluminum apron were not predrilled.

I used a 90 degree angle adapter for my drill to drill the cross-shaft hole for the front bushing, and removed the rear aluminum apron to drill it out.

Maybe you will get lucky and it will come pre-drilled, as I believe it was only drilled out for the RKR and RKL from the factory.

Bob Moore

N. Rose, New York
Post  Posted 16 Mar 2021 2:15 pm     Msa

I had 2. semi classics with both having 3&4 when I got them. Worked well with no problems on either one.

Douglas Cresanta

Satellite Beach, FL
Post  Posted 16 Mar 2021 6:47 pm    

Yes, MSA Semi-Classics can have additional knee levers
added. My Semi-Classic, was predrilled to add the knee
levers. So I now have 3 pedals and 3 knee levers.

Doug

Scott Rogers

Andalusia, AL
Post  Posted 9 May 2024 9:59 am    

Guys,
I have a semi classic with 3X1 config, I'm wanting to add levers. I'm struggling to find anyone who can do the work. I've spoken with Wayne Brown of Out West Country,, believe he says he has 99% of the parts required. Can anyone recommend someone to me who could do the work?

thanks!
Scott

https://photos.google.com/u/1/share/AF1QipN9f4dA2j1be1xUVjKKYaonYArl2xwREoPISOekv6Jqz_eUj_mo6_9JtwD3zf06Ew?key=ZHg5SWNzbUVrX3FoM0p3WFVrbzFoSkoyanplUHdn

Bobby D. Jones

West Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 14 May 2024 7:26 pm    

The S10 MSA Classic with 4 knee levers, Had 2 reversers that was mounted to the back apron. Threaded holes in the back apron, And used a shouldered bolt to hold the reverser bar in position. The reversers were on LKL and RKL if my memory is right. At one time SGP in Texas web site showed pictures of the reverser parts.

Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 14 May 2024 7:39 pm    

I added knee levers to one several years ago. I had to do a little machine work but I don't remember for sure what it was, and this was before I kept records. I also drilled out the end plate so every string had a double raise/double lower capability.

MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, a restored MSA Classic SS, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Also a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored Rose S10, named the "Blue Bird". Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also have a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks, and a showroom condition Sho-Bud Super Pro.