The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Show Us Your Jackson
Larry Hopkins

Lubbock Texas USA
Post  Posted 1 Dec 2023 1:45 pm    

Show us your Jackson steel guitar,here’s one I recently acquired,a nicely built precision made high quality steel . Very Happy

Bill Johnson

Washington, USA
Post  Posted 2 Dec 2023 11:56 am    

Larry, love the green.
After viewing it next to mine, I have the urge to play Christmas songs and hang ornaments.
The holiday spirit has grabbed me.
Cheers. Very Happy

Brett Day

Pickens, SC
Post  Posted 2 Dec 2023 12:07 pm    

Here's my Jackson Blackjack Custom! I got it in April 2010-it was built on April 20th, 2010, and I got it on April 24th, 2010! It's my best steel! Thank you to David, Harry, and Dawn Jackson for building such wonderful steel guitars!

Last edited by Brett Day on 18 Dec 2023 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Larry Hopkins

Lubbock Texas USA
Post  Posted 2 Dec 2023 12:57 pm     Jackson Steel Guitars

Very nice looking guitars guys!very festive

Brian Lee

Washington, USA
Post  Posted 18 Dec 2023 6:08 pm    

Might as well join the party - here's my Pro-V. I bought it from the Jacksons a year ago, and it's been wonderful! Looks gorgeous, plays smooth, and has exceptionally beautiful tone. I'm loving that it's a new PSG with decades of pedal steel experience and history that have gone into it. Like Brett says - thanks David, Harry, and Dawn Jackson!

Last edited by Brian Lee on 18 Dec 2023 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Larry Hopkins

Lubbock Texas USA
Post  Posted 18 Dec 2023 6:32 pm     Jackson steels

Very beautiful steels Whoa! Very Happy
Larry

Pat Chong

New Mexico, USA
Post  Posted 22 Dec 2023 12:44 pm    

Interesting, Brian.

The 'gumby' head is still available, (apparently as an option?), since the other ones don't have that on them. I like your color choices and the inlays......Pat.

Brian Lee

Washington, USA
Post  Posted 22 Dec 2023 2:44 pm    

Hi Pat,
Thanks, and good question! I bought mine after it was built. It was available "in stock" at the time, and it really clicked all the boxes for me. I love the wood and finish choices, the inlaid pearl Sho-Bud style card logos and Shot Jackson inlay on the arm rest, the Gumby headstock, and the overall set-up. I would have ordered the same thing if I had it built to order. The only change was tweaking the height and asking for David and Harry to sign the underside for me! I really love the design nod to Sho-Bud history, and that it's built by the guys who were at the heart of creating that history with their dad. I got lucky that it was available when I was looking, and the tone is everything I hoped for.

I have seen other Pro-V Classics and Madisons with gumby heads as well as the non-gumby style. I'm guessing that you could ask for either approach on a new Pro-V build.

Brett Day

Pickens, SC
Post  Posted 22 Dec 2023 2:49 pm    

Pat Chong wrote:
Interesting, Brian.

The 'gumby' head is still available, (apparently as an option?), since the other ones don't have that on them. I like your color choices and the inlays......Pat.

The Blackjack Custom had those tuners, I think, and so did the standard Blackjack.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

David Rattray

Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 22 Dec 2023 4:23 pm    

My Pro 4 and my old side kick...both gone now...

Brian Lee

Washington, USA
Post  Posted 22 Dec 2023 4:29 pm    

Hi Brett,

[quote][The Blackjack Custom had those tuners, I think, and so did the standard Blackjack.]

I think Pat's "gumby" comment is referring to the curved shape at the outer end of the headstock block - it looks like the head shape of a Sho-Bud, and is reminiscent of the head of the Gumby toy/animation character from the 60's.

Your Blackjack Custom is really superb! Its recessed headstock is a cool design. It makes for a streamlined, clean look -especially on black! Great rig!

Brian Lee

Washington, USA
Post  Posted 22 Dec 2023 4:33 pm    

David,
Beautiful pooch and steel. They looked great together! So sorry to hear that they have both moved on...

Johnie King

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 15 Jan 2024 12:18 pm    

Dennis Detweiler

Solon, Iowa, US
Post  Posted 15 Jan 2024 3:50 pm    

That was a close one! At first glance I read it wrong! Laughing
1976 Birdseye U-12 MSA with Telonics 427 pickup, 1975 Birdseye U-12 MSA with Telonics X-12 pickup, Boss 59 Fender pedal for preamp, NDR-5 Atlantic Delay & Reverb, two Quilter 201 amps, 2- 12" Eminence EPS-12C speakers, ShoBud Pedal, 1949 Epiphone D-8. Revelation preamp into a Crown XLS 1002 power amp.

Brett Day

Pickens, SC
Post  Posted 4 May 2024 8:37 pm    

Here's a recent picture of my Jackson Blackjack Custom! It was built for me in 2010-before it was built, I thought about the standard Jackson Blackjack, but when I went to Jackson Steel Guitar Company in April of 2010, I tried out a Jackson Blackjack and a Jackson Blackjack Custom and I found out from David Jackson that the Blackjack Custom is the one they built for me-it was the first guitar I tried out and loved it, and it now lives in Pickens, South Carolina with me

John Larson

Pennsyltucky, USA
Post  Posted 5 May 2024 1:27 am    

Here's my Maverick HD built by the wonderful folks at Jackson circa fall 2020. I added the Ichthys decal.

Rejoice in the Lord, O ye righteous; praise is meet for the upright. Give praise to the Lord with the harp, chant unto Him with the ten-stringed psaltery. Sing unto Him a new song, chant well unto Him with jubilation. For the word of the Lord is true, and all His works are in faithfulness. The Lord loveth mercy and judgement; the earth is full of the mercy of the Lord.
- Psalm 33:1-5

Arrigo Martelli

Italy
Post  Posted 6 May 2024 10:21 am    

These guitars really look gorgeous, especially the Pro-V.
Do Jackson steels have an all-pull changer?

John Larson

Pennsyltucky, USA
Post  Posted 6 May 2024 1:47 pm    

Arrigo Martelli wrote:
These guitars really look gorgeous, especially the Pro-V.
Do Jackson steels have an all-pull changer?

The Maverick HD is a pull-release but I believe all the other models are all-pull.

They really do have that sho-bud tone buried in them somewhere as well it doesn't take too much to coax it out. There are times where I can tap into that 70s Lloyd Green thing with ease.
Rejoice in the Lord, O ye righteous; praise is meet for the upright. Give praise to the Lord with the harp, chant unto Him with the ten-stringed psaltery. Sing unto Him a new song, chant well unto Him with jubilation. For the word of the Lord is true, and all His works are in faithfulness. The Lord loveth mercy and judgement; the earth is full of the mercy of the Lord.
- Psalm 33:1-5

Nelson Checkoway

Massachusetts, USA
Post  Posted 7 May 2024 3:21 am    

Here is one of the few non-pedal S-8 consoles the Jacksons have made. From their early Shot Jackson Commemorative line. Great look and has the same singing tone as my Sho-Bud Pro-I pedal steel. Built in 2011 and “rescued” from a Guitar Center this year!

Nelson Checkoway

Massachusetts, USA
Post  Posted 7 May 2024 4:19 am    

Here is one of the few non-pedal S-8 consoles the Jacksons have made. From their early Shot Jackson Commemorative line. Great look and has the same singing tone as my Sho-Bud Pro-I pedal steel. Built in 2011 and “rescued” from a Guitar Center this year!