The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Dean Holman
Bob Snelgrove

san jose, ca
Post  Posted 17 Apr 2024 6:46 am    

I hope you all know what a great player Dean is. We watch the Presley show on RFD every Sat night. They are only showing reruns since around Feb so not sure what is going on with the band? I saw Dean posted here so I know at least he is alive and well Smile

bob

Dean Holman

Branson MO
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2024 11:14 pm    

Just to let everyone know, we at Presleys, are in our 14th season, for doing tv shows on the RFD network. We’re just now getting back into the full swing of doing a full schedule. I imagine that we’ll start rehearsing for the tv show, very soon. We tape 2 shows at a time, in a three week period, two weeks to rehearse material and tape on a Friday, then a week off, before we get the list of new material to start learning. Things are going great, a couple of cast changes this year. Steve Presley, has retired from playing drums on the show, and Zach Presley, who was playing drums on the tv show, decided to pursue other interests, and is no longer on the show, along with Ambrus Presley, as well. She has three boys, and decided to focus more on family life. So, we have a new drummer, and a new female singer. We’re still trying to find a fiddle player. Believe it or not, it’s more than just trying to find a good fiddle player, but a good fit for our show, not to mention, the fact that some musicians, don’t want want to do six nights a week, and close to 300 shows a year, plus our tv shows. So, if anyone on here that knows a good fiddle player, that might be interested in solid job, yearly salary, with health benefits. Please let me know, but, in the meantime, without a fiddle player, it makes it necessary, that I have to play more steel, to cover all the parts needed. Anyhow, stay tuned, for some new episodes, here in the very near future. Take care everyone, and thank you for watching Presley’s , on RFD network.

Larry Dering

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 19 Apr 2024 7:12 pm    

Dean, good to know all is well. Presleys is a great show and one I always recommend to friends. Best wishes to all at the Presleys.

Floyd Lowery

Deland, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2024 4:04 am    

I enjoy hearing a good fiddle player. However, I must say I've been very amazed with the increased petal steel guitar Dean has so talented played. If that is what it takes to hear Dean more, then I can sure not miss the fiddle. Dean also plays the heck out of dobro and banjo.

Craig A Davidson

Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin USA
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2024 9:58 am    

Dean I thought maybe you were going to make my day and tell me the harmonica player quit.

Doug Earnest

Branson, MO USA
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2024 10:41 am    

The harmonica player is a Presley!! Quite a good harmonica player too.
If you come to Branson don't miss the Presley show. It's the last of the breed that made Branson famous.

Craig A Davidson

Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin USA
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2024 10:44 am    

He’s good but does he have to toot on everything

Tiny Olson

Mohawk River Valley, Upstate NY
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2024 4:55 pm    

Dean sounds great on the show. Great playing and great tone..!! That new blonde Rittenberry he's been playing on recent shows makes me want to get one that looks just like it.

Glad to hear all is well Dean.