The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Nashville 112 Schematic
Dennis Manuel

Quesnel, B.C., Canada
Post  Posted 12 Oct 2013 8:15 am    

Does anyone have a schematic for a Nashville 112? Tried Peavey's website but could not find anything.

Apparently, Peavey now solders the chips to the main board instead of using insertion sockets. When did they start doing that?

Ron Hogan

Nashville, TN, usa
Post  Posted 8 Jan 2021 10:54 am    

TTT

David Hodan

Denton, Texas; USA
Post  Posted 8 Jan 2021 11:18 am     Nv112

https://www.audioservicemanuals.com/p/peavey/peavey-nashville/1335303-peavey-nashville-112-service-manual

Have fun!

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 9 Jan 2021 3:21 am    

The soldering of the chips (and Surface Mount Technology (SMT) components) was started 3 or 4 years ago. Maybe even before complete production shift to China. There are other forum discussion threads about this from Ken Fox who advised he would not be doing any chip mods on the amps with soldered in chips.

FWIW, I bought a used NV112 a couple years ago with a Telonics speaker. That speaker, alone, cleans up the NV112 without a chip mod. I did try both the chip mod (2134's) and the Telonics speaker but it was too much. Either the chip mod or speaker but not both.

Only drawback is the price of the speaker compared to the price of the chips.

Ken Fox

Nashville GA USA
Post  Posted 14 Jan 2021 5:09 pm     Chip sockets

Any good tech can de-solder the 5 preamp chips and put in sockets thus allowing the use of Burr Brown chips

Done it quite a few times already

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 15 Jan 2021 3:17 am    

If you have the proper soldering/desoldering equipment (SMT Workstation) and can safely unsolder the stock chips then the new chips can be safely soldered in too. No need for chip sockets, although a socket makes it easier to replace a defective chip.

Ken has obviously changed his mind.

Ken Fox

Nashville GA USA
Post  Posted 15 Jan 2021 5:20 am    

The chip are DIP not surface mount. I would not remove or suggest removing SMT chips unless as Jack says you have the correct equipment and training. I do not have or desire the SMT soldering equipment. Way above my pay grade 😀

Ron Pruter

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 13 Apr 2024 6:42 pm    

David, Jack and Ken.
The Schematic shown on this thread is for a Nashville 1000. Not the 112. Do they use the same pots?
There is a schematic for the 112 but it shows no VR's (variable resistors); the 1000 does show them. The one for the 1000 even shows part #'s for the pots. Not so for the 112. I need all the part #'s for all the pots on the 112. Can you guys help me out with finding new pots or at least a schematic that shows what they are. Thx, Ron
Note: Click on Davids link above his schematic, page 9 and 13. They show the 112 but I can't see any VR's.

Ken Fox

Nashville GA USA
Post  Posted 14 Apr 2024 4:09 am    

Same preamp board on both amps

https://1drv.ms/b/s!AvL84ChlDh8dlH6lVQZp6ezl9lg2

Link to the schematic and part number list. The schematic does not show the part numbers. You must look at the part number pages for that

Ken Fox

Nashville GA USA
Post  Posted 14 Apr 2024 4:44 am    

https://www.tubesandmore.com/products/potentiometers_0?filters=2341a2423

The 50k linear pots are difficult to impossible to find

Ken Fox

Nashville GA USA
Post  Posted 14 Apr 2024 9:11 am    

The pot you need is the 50k linear
See this recent post

https://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=399784&sid=606671154e64448d83b1d59049170867