The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  James Adams Resonator Guitars
BJ Burbach

New York, USA
Post  Posted 4 Apr 2024 5:57 am    

Jim Adams makes a great resonator guitar at a great price, including custom builds, but I have read threads that said that he had stopped building. This is not the case at all. He is actively building, has a batch ready to sell and hopes to have his website back up soon. He asked me to post his contact phone# in the mean time, 281-806-4868 Sounds like he's like to hear from old friends, too.
BJ

Marty Broussard

Broussard, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 4 Apr 2024 11:19 am    

He's definitely busy in his shop. When I was there awhile back there were several guitars ready to ship and several in construction. He's a great guy to deal with too.

"Technique is really the elimination of the unnecessary..it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to achieve the smooth flow of energy and intent" Yehudi Menuhin

Dave Mudgett

Central Pennsylvania and Gallatin, Tennessee
Post  Posted 4 Apr 2024 11:53 am    

I looked for reasonably recent threads stating that James wasn't building anymore - haven't found any, at least on this forum. His website is down right now, though.

Ah, just found one, from 2015 - https://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=289876

BJ Burbach

New York, USA
Post  Posted 4 Apr 2024 12:25 pm    

I thought that I saw more comments while I was shopping and if I was mistaken and everyone but me knew, I'm really sorry for wasting bandwidth. If I knew, I would have contacted him to buy one. I talked to him after I bought one on the forum to ask a technical question about it and got his # by PM. He asked me to spread the word and if I was out of line, another lesson learned. I did clear it with admin though.
Bottom line, I know that The better imports are popular around here, but for myself, if I can go with a local craftsman for a similar price and it's amazing, I am there every time.
I love my new guitar.
BJ