The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Justice Steel guitar
Barry Barnes

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 20 Mar 2024 6:35 am    

Wondering how many steelers play a Justice Steel guitar? Overall rating? Thanks, BB.

Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 20 Mar 2024 7:59 am    

Well I mainly set up and adjust all makes of pedal steels for guys around mid Texas; and so I do play it and the most awesome thing I've noticed about the "Justice" is he uses the 6061 aluminum finger tops(BEST SOUNDING FINGER TOP EVER MADE, PERIOD) and I am incredible impressed every time I get to string up/set up a Justice.
Ricky

Craig Robson

Wisconsin
Post  Posted 20 Mar 2024 9:38 am    

I am not as experienced as many here, but I play a Justice Pro-Lite and it is a fine guitar. I've had it for about a year, and probably have played 25-30 gigs with it and taken it to mostly weekly rehearsals/jams, so it gets set up and moved around regularly and I've had no issues. Mine has the BL 705 pickup which sounds great to my ear. It's terrific for gigging because of its light weight, but it is also stable to play and stays in tune as well as any steel i've ever played. I've previously owned a Sho-Bud Maverick, two older MSA Classics, and presently own a GFI expo, and the Justice is my current "go to" steel.

Rick Grieco

Long Island, New York, USA
Post  Posted 20 Mar 2024 2:58 pm    

I ordered my Justice S10 last July and received it November 4th. After much research and reading many posts here on the forum, I decided to have Ron Anderson make one for me, and all I can tell you is that I am thrilled to have it. The build quality is second to none. It not only looks beautiful, but has amazing tone and plays smooth as butter. All materials are top notch, the hard case is built like a tank, and Ron is one of the nicest and easiest people to deal with. You won't regret buying a Justice...they are awesome!
Fender Champion 50XL
Gibson SG Standard
Gretsch G5422-12

mtulbert

Plano, Texas 75023
Post  Posted 20 Mar 2024 4:50 pm    

Ditto to what Rick said about the Justice. Great guitar. Fred got his tutoring from Gary Rittenberry and there is a lot of Rit DNA in the steel. But there are some other nice tweaks which make setup a breeze.

My ordering time was quick as well and Ron was great to work with.

Rittenberry Laquer D10, Rittenberry Prestige SD10, Revelation Preamp,Revelation Octal Preamp,Lexicon PCM 92 Reverb, Furlong Cabinet

Larry Dering

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 20 Mar 2024 6:40 pm    

Own 2. First SD10 3x5 was so good i bought another SD10 4x5 in a turquoise color. Both are smooth stay in tune and have the great BL 705 pickups. I own several other steels and the Justice is top notch. Only my Mullen D10 Pre RP 8x4 plays better.

Ron Hogan

Nashville, TN, usa
Post  Posted 21 Mar 2024 5:36 am    

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU71fAsMjEI

K Maul

Hadley, NY/Hobe Sound, FL
Post  Posted 21 Mar 2024 6:45 pm    

A few years ago I bought the very basic model S-10 Jr (now the S-10, upgraded to a 3 raise, 3 lower changer) to experiment with some different ideas. I was tremendously impressed with the materials, build, tone and playability. Ron was a great guy to deal with as well.
Kevin Maul: Airline, Beard, Clinesmith, Decophonic, Evans, Excel, Fender, Fluger, Gibson, Hilton, Ibanez, Justice, K+K, Live Strings, MOYO, National, Oahu, Peterson, Quilter, Rickenbacher, Sho~Bud, Supro, TC, Ultimate, VHT, Williams, X-otic, Yamaha, ZKing.