The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Super Pro 1 in. under Pedal Rods, other parts [CLOSE PLEASE]
Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 4 Nov 2023 3:00 pm    

ISO several parts for a Fender Artist D10. Same parts as the SB Super Pro.

1. Trade for or buy 8 Fender Artist/Super Pro pedal rods 1" under standard. Need to have the proper hook end. Should be same as Super Pro.
Rods are roll threaded and I'm not really up to bending new hooks.

Need 25" rods. I would consider buying or trading my standard length 26" rods for your shorter ones.

These are chrome plate and in decent shape, look pretty good...the ball connector sleeves are probably original so if you want to keep yours, fine.

2. Half dozen or more L&R bi-metal pull rod retainer
clips for .109 rods.

3. Pull rods various lengths with rolled threads.

These guitars used a tiny nylon washer and long brass spacer behind a short nylon tuner. I'd be interested in any of those parts I can find...or any other original parts.

I might also be interested in the original Artist pickups. Kind of oddball thin and narrow 4 hole mounting but very similar screw through top like all Sho~Bud pups.

Hit me up on my PM if you have anything for these guitars.

Last edited by Jerry Overstreet on 20 Apr 2024 8:48 am; edited 2 times in total

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 13 Nov 2023 12:03 pm    

Got a bad nut roller too. Just need the one piece but will take complete axle and rollers as available.
[never mind...issue mitigated]

Last edited by Jerry Overstreet on 29 Nov 2023 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bill Moore

Manchester, Michigan
Post  Posted 13 Nov 2023 5:49 pm    

Jerry, the nylon tuning nuts look like electronic standoffs. Something like this: S:Paid:GGL:CSM-2295:4P7A1P:20501231&gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIsoqpia7CggMVhhatBh1qGgxfEAQYBiABEgLonvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds" target="_blank">https://www.grainger.com/product/3XYD2?gucid=N:NRazzS:Paid:GGL:CSM-2295:4P7A1P:20501231&gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIsoqpia7CggMVhhatBh1qGgxfEAQYBiABEgLonvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

The brass spacer could be cut from tubing like this: S:Paid:GGL:CSM-2295:4P7A1P:20501231&gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMItevM063CggMVAxetBh1ogQl_EAQYCCABEgLV1fD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds" target="_blank">https://www.grainger.com/product/803VX6?gucid=N:NRazzS:Paid:GGL:CSM-2295:4P7A1P:20501231&gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMItevM063CggMVAxetBh1ogQl_EAQYCCABEgLV1fD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I think the pull rods in that guitar are 7/64" so they would probably work with the standoff that has an ID of .0115" if not you might be able to find something with a smaller ID.

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 14 Nov 2023 7:38 am    

Thanks for your input Bill. I've found a source for nylon standoffs that I can probably use as spacers then use a proper length nylon tuning nut to make up the space.

I was just trolling for some original parts.

According to some articles I've read, there were 4400 of these guitars made in 75 and 76 so there should be some used parts around somewhere.

Anyway, still hoping to find some of these original parts.

Also, still in need of a pedal crank or reversing crank too.

Larry Allen

Kapaa, Kauai,Hawaii
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2023 4:15 pm     Pedal rods

Hey Jerry, just cut the rods and re-thread them.. Very Happy

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 29 Jan 2024 4:09 pm    

Maybe, we'll see Larry but in the meantime....

Still looking for 1 inch under pedal rods [25"].

...and from the hen's teeth department, consider set of chrome plate lightweight alum alloy legs also 1 in. under standard.

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 20 Mar 2024 3:55 pm    

Hoping Michael will be back online soon, but in the meantime, if someone has one of these reverser parts, I need it.

Also the cross shaft mounting brackets. 5/8 ". I already hacked a center guide bracket and don't feel up to doing 2 more...too hard on my bones anymore.

The guitar is coming along. I've replaced a lot of little missing set screws, realigned a couple existing pedal cross shafts that were binding, solved a nut roller issue, serviced leg clutches and threads, and spent a lot of time cleaning and aligning a lot of parts. I can't remember everything I did so far.

I'm still in limbo about shortening the pedal rods. I have some connectors to cut and piece, but I'm not sure about that. I'm alternately considering replacing all the tear drop levers with some longer, straight ones with some emmons type flags on a couple and leaving the guitar standard height.

I have acquired some u channel that fits the hubs just right. Of course they have to be sized and worked for hdwe.

I have both 3/4 and 1/2 stock...the 1/2 leaves less working, but it's pretty skimpy at the mounting point.

I acquired a LKV kit from the ebay guy but it's for a 6148 so I had to work 2 new pieces of 5/16 hex shaft since it's a reversing lever.

I have the parts pretty much laid out, just waiting for the reverser link to space everything properly.

I noticed that some of these guitars only have one screw on each corner of an endplate. I'm guessing they skipped to expedite the build time since they were under a deadline contract, or so I've read. I plan to remedy that on this guitar as I can't see any reason not to and it will surely help the stability. Should be an easy fix.

Basic rough mock up of straight levers...obviously sizing and texturing to be done...I'll have my cousin's machine shop cut down the leg width to about 3/8 and we will shorten the total length down to probably 7 1/2 inches, but we'll see what length works and where flags are necessary.

Probably leave all the length for the LKV for use on the C neck side as well. Note the left endplate has been drilled and worked for additional attaching screws.

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2024 8:50 am     Close Please

The guitar is done basically...at least for now so this can be closed.