The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Hall of Fame Full List?
Thomas de Bourbon

Los Angeles, California, USA
Post  Posted 11 Mar 2024 4:19 pm    

Where can I find the most updated list of the Steel Guitar Hall of Fame? The Wiki page stops in 2016.

Donny Hinson

Glen Burnie, Md. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 12 Mar 2024 4:37 am    

DeWitt Scott, of Scotty's Music in St. Louis, died in 2015, and that's why this (the original "Hall of Fame" for steelers) ended in 2016. However, there are other steel guitar hall of fames; two I know of being the "Texas Steel Guitar Hall of Fame" (formed in 2005), and the "European Steel Guitar Hall of Fame" (formed in 2009).

I'm not aware if either of these has their own websites.

Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 12 Mar 2024 3:49 pm    

Donny Hinson wrote:
... However, there are other steel guitar hall of fames; two I know of being the "Texas Steel Guitar Hall of Fame" (formed in 2005), and the "European Steel Guitar Hall of Fame" (formed in 2009).

I'm not aware if either of these has their own websites.

Donny, a slight correction to your post.

The Texas Steel Guitar Hall of Fame was started in 1985; its first two inductees were Bobby Garrett and Bud Carter. The inductees in 1986 were Maurice Anderson and Jimmy Day.

There are currently 36 living members of the TSGHoF, (at least as of Sunday March 10 Very Happy ), out of a total of 75 inductees.

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?

Mike Kowalik

San Antonio,Texas
Post  Posted 13 Mar 2024 3:15 am     Texas Steel Guitar Hall of Fame

Is there a list somewhere of all inductees to the Texas Steel Guitar Hall of Fame? I've looked on the home page of TSGA but didn't see a list.

John Kubicek

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 13 Mar 2024 3:11 pm     Thus is from Scotty's web site

http://www.scottysmusic.com/hofplq.htm

Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 13 Mar 2024 6:03 pm     Re: Texas Steel Guitar Hall of Fame

Mike Kowalik wrote:
Is there a list somewhere of all inductees to the Texas Steel Guitar Hall of Fame? I've looked on the home page of TSGA but didn't see a list.

Mike
As a member of the TSGAHoF, I have a list but it's not in internet publishable form at the moment. And I agree that the list should be on the TSGA website, so I will bring it up with the powers that be when the smoke from last week's Jamboree clears.

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?

Donny Hinson

Glen Burnie, Md. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 16 Mar 2024 12:01 pm    

Thanks for that info, Herb! I had no idea that the TSGHoF has been around that long...almost 40 years! Of course, when the ISGC was still operating, most players centered on that HoF. Oh Well

Just a thought...
Since there is no website for the Texas HOF, maybe you could get together with Dave Mudgett and come up with a place here on the forum to list the recipients?

Very Happy

Dave Mudgett

Central Pennsylvania and Gallatin, Tennessee
Post  Posted 16 Mar 2024 12:41 pm    

Donny Hinson wrote:
Just a thought...
Since there is no website for the Texas HOF, maybe you could get together with Dave Mudgett and come up with a place here on the forum to list the recipients?

There is a TSGA website here - http://texassteelguitar.org/. But we can certainly do that if the TSGA would like us to.