The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  D-10 Price Drop
Sam Lewis

Conway, Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 24 Feb 2024 7:31 am    

The Bobby Bowman is because he built the guitar, the special is because I believe it is one 0f the best guitars I have ever played. D-10 Bowman w/9 and 6, Emmons setup, Black lacquer (s) with Mother-of-Pearl inlay. Excellent condition .Case is in perfect shape. $3750.00 shipped in lower 48 or $3500.00 and can be picked up in Dallas st the show. I will take the guitar with me. Lighting on u

nder carriage. I'll answer any question you may have by PM. Selling the guitar because I can't play anymore.

Last edited by Sam Lewis on 2 Mar 2024 11:05 am; edited 2 times in total

Lee Rider

Fort Bragg, California, USA
Post  Posted 24 Feb 2024 9:03 am    

I've got a Bobby Bowman SD-10 push pull so I can attest to the "Special" moniker. Bobby sure built great guitars!

Sam Lewis

Conway, Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 24 Feb 2024 4:20 pm     Special

Sam Lewis

Conway, Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 24 Feb 2024 4:28 pm     Special

Thanks, Lee

Sam Lewis

Conway, Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 26 Feb 2024 11:16 am     Added info

There are a couple of pictures I left out so I'm trying to answer some questions and enter the pics. One question is weight. It weighs about 46 lbs give or take a pound or so. I'm told the same as

a MSA Legend

Last edited by Sam Lewis on 2 Mar 2024 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total

Sam Lewis

Conway, Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 28 Feb 2024 4:42 am     Oooops!

Senior moment just struck. The frontal picture shows only 8n pedals. The first picture is correct - nine floor pedals.

Sam Lewis

Conway, Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 29 Feb 2024 8:59 pm     Quetion about parts

There seem to be some concerns about parts if needed. The first post about this guitar was in the Steel Players section so a lot of the info I impart here came from the responses to that post. After spending several weeks going through the guitar, the one bit of info to stand out most in my mind is a statement made by a forum brother " what I know about the guitar is that Bobby over built the guitar so the buyer would get his money's worth. That's the way he liked it" Many of the parts used came from MSA and some from a craftsman in Houston.

Another question concerns cabinet-drop. Never paid much attention to that myself 'cause for my bar to arrive exactly over the fret would be miracle. Anyway, I checked it using two Sabine tuners working together. Not a flicker on either needle. In the picture showing the back apron notice the highly polished metal. Mr. Bowman used two aluminum bars about 5/16" thick for strength. very effective and looks good, too.

Sorry for being so verbose but I want this beautiful guitar to have a good home and be appreciated.

Sam Lewis

Conway, Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 2 Mar 2024 10:10 am     Price Drop

I'm going to lower the price on this guitar to $3250.00 shipped in lower 48. That's as low as it will ever be, and that low only because my two adversaries, health and age, won't let me play any more. This is good until 3/12 then it will come off.

Sam Lewis

Conway, Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 4 Mar 2024 5:45 pm     ?????????

In the post above said that I would wait until the 12th to take the post down. Not so, it's coming off now. I am trying to understand why there has not been a bit of interest in a masterpiece D-10 pedal steel at SD-10 price. It's not for sale but I'll give the first steel player living within 150 miles $100.00 gas money to come to my music room, play the guitar, and write an unbiased review of the guitar. I only wish I was 20 years younger.

Lee Rider

Fort Bragg, California, USA
Post  Posted 4 Mar 2024 7:05 pm    

Sam: Sorry you have not sold your Bowden. If I played the C6 neck I'd get it. Love my Bowden PP SD-10. And, same as your guitar, no cabinet drop. Bobby built them right!

Lee Rider

Sam Lewis

Conway, Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 4 Mar 2024 10:18 pm     THANK YOU, Lee

I'm sorry too, that it's not going to a home where it will be played and appreciated for the master work that "Doctor Bowman" did when he built his guitars. I have really enjoyed going through the guitar and doing what I could. It is such a joy to play I wish I could still do it. I've come to one factual conclusion -"If you live long enough, you will get old". P.S. I'm told that Bowman was not his real name.

Sam Lewis

Conway, Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 6 Mar 2024 9:01 am     Please Remove This Posr

Close 'er up