INSTRUCTION STRINGS ACCESSORIES MUSIC LINKS
 Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com for Steel Guitars, Strings, Instruction, Music and Accessories 
Forum Index
where steel players meet online
The Steel Guitar Forum

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Tea Kettle
Tony Davis

Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Post Posted 27 Jul 2000 4:11 am     Reply with quote

This fellow who had spent his whole life in the desert comes to visit a friend. He'd never seen a train or the tracks they run on. While standing in the middle of the RR tracks one day, he hears this whistle -- Whooee da Whoee! -- but doesn't know what it is.
Predictably, he's hit -- but, only a glancing blow -- and is thrown, bottom-over- tea-kettle, to the side of the tracks, with some minor internal injuries, a few broken bones, and some bruises.
After weeks in the hospital recovering, he's at his friend's house attending a party, one evening. While in the kitchen, he suddenly hears the tea kettle whistling. He grabs a baseball bat from the nearby closet and proceeds to batter and bash the tea kettle into an unrecognizable lump of metal.
His friend, hearing the ruckus, rushes into the kitchen, sees what's happened and asks the desert man: "Why'd you ruin my good tea kettle?"
The desert man replies: "Man, you gotta kill these things when they're small!"
Paul Crawford

Orlando, Fl
Post Posted 27 Jul 2000 10:23 am     Reply with quote

I use the same theory bass fishing. I take all of my black buzz baits and paint Mercury on the side.
John Borchard

Athens, OH 45701
Post Posted 27 Jul 2000 11:33 am     Reply with quote

Reminds me of the two extremely inebriated guys walking down the railroad tracks. After an hour, the first guy says, "Man, this is the longest staircase I've ever been on!" The second fellow replies, "I don't mind the length, but these low handrails are killing me!"