The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  2019 Yamaha SA2200 Semi-Hollow Guitar - SOLD LOCALLY
John Ducsai

New Hampshire, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2023 2:40 pm    

2019 Yamaha SA2200 Semi-Hollow Guitar in Mint Condition. Comes with a Gator Journeyman series hardshell case.
Yamaha's take on the classic ES-335 style semi-hollow double-cutaway. Very comfortable neck with an Ebony fingerboard. Nice low action - easy to play. Two Alnico V humbuckers with coil splits. Gold hardware. Weighs 8.6 lbs. Well balanced and comfortable to play. Top-shelf Japanese made guitar from Yamaha. $1500.00 shipped to the lower 48, $1425.00 picked up in north-central NH. Thanks for looking.
Sold locally on Craigslist - please close.

Last edited by John Ducsai on 31 Jul 2023 1:48 pm; edited 3 times in total

Jim Kennedy

Brentwood California, USA
Post  Posted 5 Jul 2023 10:06 am    

I bought mine in 1987, 36 years ago. Wanted a 335 but could not afford a Gibson. IMHO, these are a Gibson killer. Mine came setup perfectly. Good low action, easy playing. I finally had to have the frets re-crowned a year ago. They are bullet proof. IT once fell about 6 feet off a stage, straight down on the head stock and then flopped over. The only damage was a chip out of the head stock. All I had to do was tune it and keep playing. A Gibson would have broke for sure. Never any intonation problems, always in tune. A little heavier than a 335, it sustains forever. I do not have coil splits, which I have thought of adding. With the splits this should be one versatile guitar.

John Ducsai

New Hampshire, USA
Post  Posted 8 Jul 2023 4:42 am    

Thanks for the feedback Jim !
These are awesome guitars, I think they're built with much tighter quality control than Gibson.
The pickup splits are actually very useful. The balance going from humbucker to single coil is the best I've heard. It's truly a guitar that can cover many styles/sounds.
The Yamaha SA series are my main guitars, I have three of them and I need to fund some other equipment. This one is by far the cleanest one I have - figured I've already dinged up the others, so this would fetch the most $$ if sold ! Very Happy

John Ducsai

New Hampshire, USA
Post  Posted 20 Jul 2023 8:55 am    

Lowered asking price. Whoa!

John Ducsai

New Hampshire, USA
Post  Posted 7 Aug 2023 9:54 am    

SOLD Locally - Please close