The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  CNC Files, drawings, CAD, PDF - POST HERE
J D Sauser

Wellington, Florida
Post  Posted 23 Mar 2023 2:41 pm    

I just heard the call for a sticky thread for drawings relative to steel guitars.
So here it is.

Thanks for the idea!… JD

Was it JFK who said: Ask Not What TAB Can Do For You - Rather Ask Yourself "What Would B.B. King Do?"

A Little Mental Health Warning:

Tablature KILLS SKILLS.
The uses of Tablature is addictive and has been linked to reduced musical fertility.
Those who produce Tablature did never use it.

I say it humorously, but I mean it.

Les Ford

British Columbia, Canada
Post  Posted 27 Mar 2023 6:44 am    

I'm not too clear on how to upload anything but bitmap images. I tried to upload a DXF but the file type is not supported.

J D Sauser

Wellington, Florida
Post  Posted 27 Mar 2023 7:44 am    

Les Ford wrote:
I'm not too clear on how to upload anything but bitmap images. I tried to upload a DXF but the file type is not supported.

I think the correct “protocol” is to upload documents onto a sharable folder like DropBOX etc. and post the public link only on the Forum.

Thanks!… JD

Was it JFK who said: Ask Not What TAB Can Do For You - Rather Ask Yourself "What Would B.B. King Do?"

A Little Mental Health Warning:

Tablature KILLS SKILLS.
The uses of Tablature is addictive and has been linked to reduced musical fertility.
Those who produce Tablature did never use it.

I say it humorously, but I mean it.

Les Ford

British Columbia, Canada
Post  Posted 31 Mar 2023 4:51 pm    

Thanks JD

Dennis Brooker

Iowa, USA
Post  Posted 6 Jun 2023 7:33 pm     If anyone needs help with file creation for print or CNC

Before I retired part of my business was consulting and training employees to use mainly vector graphics arts programs and I specialized in creating files for 2D CNC applications - Many years ago I used to print fretboards on real wood veneers but no longer offer that service but still have more than a few fretboard files on hand - If you do need some help for whatever just PM me and I'll see if I can help - Just trying to contribute.

Jerry Dragon

Gate City Va.
Post  Posted 23 Dec 2023 4:09 am    

I was a CNC programmer for years. I would use a digitizer at times, trace out what I wanted, go around with the digitizer and pick points then connect the dots and program it. If it wasn't quite right I could massage the code on screen or go back to the drawing board. I forget which software program it was, maybe datacut, that is going way back. I am used to using expensive software packages or just writing the G code for simpler parts. I have made bell cranks, pick up covers, foot pedals etc. but now I am retired. I had gents send me parts and I would copy them and draw them up in MasterCam and make them. DXF files wern't very large, I would download them quite often. I know those HAAS machines inside out.