Author Topic:  Oklahoma Steel Guitar Association Annual Show
Beverly Harris

Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 3 May 2023 8:59 am    

Hotel Glenpool
12137 N Casper St
Jenks, OK 74037
(918)518-6000
Look for Rick Crow's post or another post on the discounted rates for our show attendees.

Since we have the show for only Friday and Saturday, we decided to open a jam slot on Friday so that we could include more players. It is open for those of you who would like to play with some singers. Let's make that slot into a fun time.

Also, bring some cash!! Chasity Jones will have her jewelry booth and there will be some used music equipment for sale. If you have something you would like to sell, please feel free to bring it with you.

Last edited by Beverly Harris on 16 Jun 2023 8:26 am; edited 6 times in total

Paul King

Gainesville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 3 May 2023 9:30 am    

Thanks for the invitation to play again this year. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Larry Baker

Columbia, Mo. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 8 May 2023 10:19 am    

this show is worth going to just to hear Paul King, Texas steel guitar player of the year. Congrats Paul. Wish I could be there. Larry

R Crow

Hectorville, OK USA
Post  Posted 8 May 2023 4:06 pm     Motel Information

We have made arrangements with Hotel Glenpool for special rates for our show. However, as with everything else the last couple of years, they have again increased their rates.
This years rates are $75 plus tax for a single King, and $80 plus tax for a Double Queen.

Contact information is 918-518-6000. As in the past, it's best to ask for Rikki.

He already has one booking that he had given these rates too. I think he was pretty sure we were coming back.

Alot of rooms available, so let's fillem up.

Rick

Paul King

Gainesville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 9 May 2023 4:48 am    

Larry Baker is too kind of a man. Thank you for the kind words. We will miss you Larry Baker. I look forward to hearing everyone play their set and the fellowship that comes with it.

Paul King

Gainesville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 11 May 2023 4:56 pm    

I have a reservation booked for myself and Dustin Harp. He is a fairly new player who has been the last couple years. We are looking forward to being there and getting away from the wives for a night.

R Crow

Hectorville, OK USA
Post  Posted 19 May 2023 1:07 pm    

ttt

Larry King

Watts, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 26 May 2023 11:39 am     26 th Annual Okla Steel Show l

Well I'll this again.....after submitting two extensive posts , only to have them silenced ( removed) I hope that
This post will be allowed for the purpose of promoting our Steel Guitar Convention. . On June 23&24 at St James. Presbyterian Church , located at 11970 S. Elm St , Jenks , Ok.....a Tulsa suburb . The idea of a show was formulated in the mind of a visionary. , Butch Fishwick , who created an opportunity for fans to meet the players and appreciate. it .

Larry King

Watts, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 1 Jun 2023 11:10 am    

TTT

R Crow

Hectorville, OK USA
Post  Posted 5 Jun 2023 5:43 pm    

A little over two weeks to go. Lots of room left, and always a lot of fun.

RC

Beverly Harris

Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 6 Jun 2023 9:27 am     Addition to the show

We are happy to share some space for those who are wanting to pass along some great instruments. I have heard from 4 people who are going to have some equipment for sale. You get to shop without missing the entertainers.

C.D. Richards

Owasso,OK
Post  Posted 8 Jun 2023 4:36 pm     OK show

Looking forward to playing along side John Buffington, my brother BJ and some of the band members that they work with. Hope to see you there.

R Crow

Hectorville, OK USA
Post  Posted 9 Jun 2023 7:46 am    

Move in is just two weeks away.

R Crow

Hectorville, OK USA
Post  Posted 9 Jun 2023 7:51 am    

I talked to Rikki at Hotel Glenpool and he says that our block of rooms is just about full. Don't let that stop you as any overflow is at the same rate.

R Crow

Hectorville, OK USA
Post  Posted 11 Jun 2023 11:27 am    

Our kitchen staff is all accounted for.

Marion Crow
Mary McGee
Barbara Rosetta
Janet Wise (part time, when she's not playing}

You all better be hungry!!!

Larry King

Watts, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 14 Jun 2023 5:13 pm    

Please don't miss this opportunity to hear the

OSGA players June 23/24

Rick Eaves

Maple Grove, MO - U.S.A.
Post  Posted 20 Jun 2023 6:53 pm     OSGA steel show

Looking forward to this great event. Hoping to see many friends and possibly making new friends.

R Crow

Hectorville, OK USA
Post  Posted 22 Jun 2023 10:03 am    

Load in day has finally arrived.

Be there, or be square!

And remember, if you're not there, we will talk about you.
Come and defend yourself.

Rick Trolinger

Springdale, AR
Post  Posted 24 Jun 2023 4:17 pm    

My wife and I attended today’s show and thoroughly enjoyed it. We had attended regularly for several years before moving to Ohio in 2008 and really missed attending. We are back in NW Arkansas now. Hopefully, we will get back to being regular attendees.

Larry Dering

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 25 Jun 2023 10:02 am    

What a show it was. Excellent group of players backed by a killer band. Mike McGee showed us how the C6 can sound when you have enough knee levers to handle it. Awesome job from Mike. Paul King put his Emmons to the test and his set was both powerful and moving with a tone to die for. Rick Crow did some snazzy upbeat tunes that made the crippled want to get up and dance. Steve Matlock played some serious hot licks that filled the room. Kevin and Chastity Jones are a knocked out entertaining couple that are always a treat. Kevin plays red hot lead guitar as a backup member, then seems to move easily to pedal steel and perform the same amazing job. Plus he sings just as well as his guitar skills. Chastity sang Linda Rhonstat's Blue Bayou so close to the original that I got teary eyed and lost in the song. Beverly Harris and her group did some tasty 70s rock that blended with the crowd. The kitchen staff was handled by volunteers Barbara Rosetta and Janet Wise. These ladies are so sweet and friendly. I can't imagine a show without them. Every steel player had something special to add and the show was wonderful. Thanks Beverly, Rick and all the staff for making my weekend a happy and enjoyable time. I talked with some friends and made a few new ones, plus renewed my membership.

Larry Baker

Columbia, Mo. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 25 Jun 2023 5:58 pm    

I agree with what Larry Dering said. Great show with lots of great players. As I said in a previous post, it was worth attending the show just to hear Paul King. What a great player and friend. Also, it wasn' mentioned that Paul was presented Player of the year in Texas at last show.
Great to see you again, and again, you played great.

Paul King

Gainesville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 26 Jun 2023 4:26 am    

What an honor to be part of a great weekend. I sure did not feel my best due to a bad case of reflux but that weekend did me a world of good. We heard some great playing and singing and the fellowship was top notch. Thanks to all of you for all the kind words and comments. Thanks to President Beverly Harris and all the OSGA staff for putting together a great show. Thanks to Larry and Larry for their kind words. To all of you "Thanks You" for being friends, that means more than you could ever know. As always it was great to see my good friends Tony Tipton and Larry King. We talk every week via Ma Bell.

Michael McGee

Everton, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 27 Jun 2023 8:04 pm    

Posting my sincere thanks for the invitation to be a part of this fine show! Mary and I are so blessed to partake in the music and fellowship with so many dear friends. Our thanks to OSGA and their hard work and super efforts, with Beverly doing a great job leading this club. I am honored to be a minor cog in such a great group of staff musicians. And, of course, some incredible steel players and steel guitar music! Already looking forward to next year.

john buffington

Owasso OK - USA
Post  Posted 28 Jun 2023 8:40 am    

I want to thank Paul King for bailing me out at the last minute when my volume pedal tanked on me. A call went out to help me locate a volume pedal Paul was THE one who rescued me, thanks again Paul, I appreciate you more than words can express.

Paul King

Gainesville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 28 Jun 2023 2:37 pm    

You are most welcome John. Just glad to be of help. My steel sounded good on my set so maybe you helped the pedal do better. It was great to see and hear you guys play again.