The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Weissenborn tunes and tabs
Jean-Paul Bataille

Montreal, Canada
Post  Posted 28 May 2023 9:42 pm    

Since some of you had show interest for my -arguably left field- weissenborn tunes, I just made available for all a first volume of "weiss studies" (this is how I call them tunes) with tab booklet, at my Bandcamp page.
https://jeanpaulbataille.bandcamp.com/album/les-cailloux-weissenborn-studies-vol-1
It is not necessary to pay to have it, so I don't know if that post is OK here, and if it's not, feel free to move it where it belongs. Or delete it altogether.
These tunes were composed to be performed live during a puppet show where I was also manipulating 3 puppets, acting their voices, and doing the lights and sound (with the help of computers that I had programmed, but then...) It was a challenge, but we produce the thing in 2020 and 2021, and, I'm sure you remember we had plenty-o-time back then...
As I was listening to the tunes lately, I felt they would make interesting weiss studies (or dobro or non-pedal steel) in D tuning, minor or major.
So here they are.
I'll compile a second volume as soon as I'll have a bit of time.

Jean-Paul Bataille

Montreal, Canada
Post  Posted 31 May 2023 8:55 pm    

The second volume is here :
https://jeanpaulbataille.bandcamp.com/album/les-cailloux-weissenborn-studies-vol-2

If you like the style, this is more of it.