The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  SOLD PLS Close 2004 Gretsch White Falcon G6136T Like New
Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 15 Mar 2023 1:15 pm    

As I enter my 80th year, I am making a concerted effort to thin my collection of instruments. I purchased this White Falcon new from Old Boise Guitar in 2004. It is a beautiful instrument, first designed by Jimmie Webster as a showpiece for the 1954 NAMM Show. He set out to create a supercharged, bells-and-whistles guitar that would reflect his love for the mid-1950s automotive designs. His dream guitar wasn't destined for mass production until Gretsch dealers were flooded with requests for this "Cadillac of Guitars". So, the first White Falcons came off the assembly line in 1955, costing a whopping $600 - $5,500 in today's dollars. Only Gibson Super 400s cost more.

I am really a bass player that toys with way too many other instruments, thus I have played this guitar very, very little, I just always wanted to own a White Falcon. I've had that satisfaction for nearly 20 years, but it's time now to let someone own it who might actually play it. It is NOT an exaggeration that it is like new, I cannot find a mark on it. It does have the original hardshell Gretsch case. The serial number indicates that it was manufactured in July 2004, at the Gretsch Terada Factory in Japan.

Price is firm at $3000, which includes shipping to US Zips. If you want to come to Boise to pick it up, or meet within a reasonable distance, I'd take $2,750. Not really interested in any trades, I really have everything I can use in the way of musical instruments. Thanks! Michael

Two Spector 5 string basses, Martin D-18, Taylor 812CE, 1944 Epiphone Zenith, a killer Luttrell 6 string resophonic, 1932 Model 56 Dobro, Beard Model E, Martin Soprano Uke, 10 string 1953 Alkire Eharp, Peavey Nashville 112, Fender Bassman, Fender 75 watt Rumble, and a Fender 100 watt Rumble.

Last edited by Michael Hillman on 20 Apr 2023 7:25 am; edited 1 time in total

Larry Robb

Baker City, Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 15 Mar 2023 4:21 pm     W Falcon

Beautiful guitar, Michael. I bought a Gretsch from the same store. About the same time you bought this one. Man do I miss Old Boise Guitar. That was a great store.

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 15 Mar 2023 4:43 pm     That’s for sure !

Thanks Larry- John was such a pleasure to work with. I trust we are among many who miss Old Boise Guitar.
Two Spector 5 string basses, Martin D-18, Taylor 812CE, 1944 Epiphone Zenith, a killer Luttrell 6 string resophonic, 1932 Model 56 Dobro, Beard Model E, Martin Soprano Uke, 10 string 1953 Alkire Eharp, Peavey Nashville 112, Fender Bassman, Fender 75 watt Rumble, and a Fender 100 watt Rumble.

Chris Boyd

Leonia,N.J./Charlestown,R.I.
Post  Posted 16 Mar 2023 11:50 am    

Such a beautifully classic guitar ! Saw Richey Furay play one with Poco on the Deliverin' tour in 1970...Someone will be getting a beauty !

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 16 Mar 2023 12:19 pm     Thanks Chris-

Thanks Chris, the White Falcon is a beautiful guitar, and those models from the 1970s are fetching upwards of $18,000 these days…

Len Amaral

Rehoboth,MA 02769
Post  Posted 25 Mar 2023 6:48 pm    

OMG, I wish I could have been aware that you were putting the White Falcon up for sale. This guitar has been on my bucket list for a long time and ordered one from Sweetwater a month ago. If for any reason the one I ordered is not available I will be in touch. Timing is everything and like Maxwell Smart said: "Missed it by that much"

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 25 Mar 2023 7:51 pm     Thanks Len,

Thanks Len, if for any reason the one you’ve ordered doesn’t materialize, I’m certain this one would fill the bill - keep in touch! Michael

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2023 7:38 am     Bump to the top

^^^^^

Len Amaral

Rehoboth,MA 02769
Post  Posted 19 Apr 2023 3:18 pm    

Michael, does this White Falcon have the Filtertron pickups?

Thanks,

Lenny

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 19 Apr 2023 6:25 pm     Hey Lenny,

It does have the original gold Filtertron pickups. I’m not sure how these compare to other versions of Filtertrons that are out there available for modification- for example the TV Jones -Brian Setzer signature Filtertrons. Shoot me your email address to vmhillman66@gmail.com if you’d like close up photos of the pickups. Thanks! Michael

Len Amaral

Rehoboth,MA 02769
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2023 6:47 am    

Consider this guitar sold. I cancelled the one I had on order as delivery has been delayed again. The Gretsch White Falcon has been on my radar for a long time.

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2023 7:26 am     Thanks Len,

Thanks, Len, I’ll be in touch with you later today.