The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Computer problems
Harold Dye

Cullman, Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 10 Dec 2021 4:16 pm    

My computer started acting up yesterday. Over the last few days when I would be looking at something the page would move up a little without moving the mouse. Yesterday when I started it up the page would start shaking up and down so fast it would be blurred. When it starts that I can hit the ctrl and alt button and it stops. While I am typing this the page is moving up and sometimes starts shaking. It will start the shaking when I start typing and sometimes it starts when I use the mouse. When I stopped typing this it would start shaking again.

Jim Fogle

North Carolina, Winston-Salem, USA
Post  Posted 10 Dec 2021 5:17 pm    

Unplug the mouse then power up your computer. Does the screen move or shake without the mouse? It could be your mouse is going bad.
Cakewalk by Bandlab Computer DAW
Zoom MRS-8 8 Track Hardware DAW

Harold Dye

Cullman, Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 10 Dec 2021 5:37 pm    

My mouse is wireless. I will turn the mouse off and reboot.

Wiz Feinberg

Mid-Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 10 Dec 2021 9:02 pm    

Harold Dye wrote:
My mouse is wireless. I will turn the mouse off and reboot.

Change the batteries in the wireless mouse!
Main web pages: Wiztunes Steel Guitar website | Wiz's Security Blog | My Webmaster Services | Wiz's Security Blog

Ake Banksell

Stockholm, Sweden
Post  Posted 11 Dec 2021 5:41 am    

Virus in the batteries is a very uncommon disease. Laughing

Harold Dye

Cullman, Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 11 Dec 2021 5:56 am    

I changed the batteries, still got the problem. When I am on a page it moves up and I can't delete it so I have to log out and come back to it. If I leave a page on for a few minutes it will start to shake.

Wiz Feinberg

Mid-Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 11 Dec 2021 8:39 am    

Harold;
What, if any anti-malware programs are installed in your computer? Is it a Windows, or Mac computer? Is it fully updated to the current operating system and patch level?
Main web pages: Wiztunes Steel Guitar website | Wiz's Security Blog | My Webmaster Services | Wiz's Security Blog

b0b

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 11 Dec 2021 9:21 am    

I have seen this effect on some sites based on the browser window size. It's an error in the page's CSS coding, where they are trying to accommodate tablets. Try making your window larger, or full screen.

Just a hunch.

Wiz Feinberg

Mid-Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 11 Dec 2021 10:02 am    

Harold;
What web browser are you using when this happens?

Harold Dye

Cullman, Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 11 Dec 2021 12:32 pm    

Wiz I use Firefox as the browser and I have PC Matic for protection, Win 10.

Harold Dye

Cullman, Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 11 Dec 2021 12:35 pm    

When I log into my email and don't open anything it does not shake. When I open an email or go to a website it start shaking.

Wiz Feinberg

Mid-Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 11 Dec 2021 1:32 pm    

Harold Dye wrote:
When I log into my email and don't open anything it does not shake. When I open an email or go to a website it start shaking.

Obviously, something is amiss! Do me and you a favor and read about, then download Malwarebyes, which is free to use manually, install it, let it update and then scan for malware (Malicious software). If it finds any let it remove the bad stuff. You should probably reboot and scan again. That is how I protect all my computers, but I pay for licenses so it is fully automatic.

Note, that link goes to my website and my write-up. I am a Malwarebytes affiliate and a long time registered user.

In the event Malwarebytes finds and fixes the problems, let us know what it reports as being the culprit.

If it finds nothing malicious, it could be your graphics card, or graphics driver, or RAM going bad, or the computer overheating from dust build-up.

Harold Dye

Cullman, Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 11 Dec 2021 4:53 pm    

Wiz I downloaded it and scanned and it said it found nothing.

b0b

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 11 Dec 2021 6:02 pm    

Could it be something as basic as the monitor cable?

Wiz Feinberg

Mid-Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 11 Dec 2021 10:07 pm    

I think this would be a good time to unplug everything, open the case and vacuum out all the dust. Check for loose parts on the motherboard. Make sure all of the memory chips are firmly seated. Make sure the heat sink on the processor is clamped down tight and not flopping around loosely.

Once all the dust bunnies are gone, reinstall the side cover and plug everything back in, firmly. Check the monitor end of the monitor cable to make sure it is tight and screwed down if there are thumbscrew posts.

When the PC boots up, put your hand behind the fan vent holes and make sure the fan or fans is/are spinning.

If none of this helps, have Microsoft/Windows Defender scan for problems. Then run Windows Update to see if there are any new or missing patches, rebooting as they install. Update Firefox and any other programs you use regularly.

If none of these things help, report back here and I will give you high level commands to input into a particular Microsoft administrative repair tool that should be included in your operating system.

Please confirm if you are running Windows 10 and the sub-version it shows in Settings, on the "System" settings, "About." The right side will show the version and build of Windows 10. If you are not running Windows 10, what OS is it?

Harold Dye

Cullman, Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 22 Dec 2021 4:47 am    

The problem seems to be fixed. My keyboard was a wireless and when I would type something the screen would start jumping. I started removing a battery and replace it and it would stop for a few min and then start back. I put in new batteries with no luck. I have a wired keyboard from another computer and I started using it and the problem has stopped. I hope that was the problem and not the computer.

Wiz Feinberg

Mid-Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 22 Dec 2021 7:48 am    

Harold Dye wrote:
The problem seems to be fixed. My keyboard was a wireless and when I would type something the screen would start jumping. I started removing a battery and replace it and it would stop for a few min and then start back. I put in new batteries with no luck. I have a wired keyboard from another computer and I started using it and the problem has stopped. I hope that was the problem and not the computer.

You probably have a receiver that came with the wireless keyboard (and mouse) that plugs into a USB port. Unplug the receiver and move it to another USB port if possible. It could also be that the wireless keyboard was going bad and its time was up.

Harold Dye

Cullman, Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 22 Dec 2021 9:43 am    

Wiz I did that and it is working fine now. After I moved the receiver I have been on the computer about 10 min and everything seems to be working ok now. If it starts again should I get a new keyboard or can I buy a new receiver. If it does I might just use the older keyboard since it has been working for the last few days.

Dale Gray

Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 26 Jul 2022 7:39 am     Walmart shaking.

On internet shopping at Walmart, click on product and the price will start shaking. Scroll down and back up and it stops.

Dale Gray

Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 19 Feb 2023 12:25 pm     Static electricity?

Turn off PC, unplug power cord, remove battery, press start button for 10 seconds, reinstall battery, cord, reboot see if that helps.