The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Hilton pedal won't turn on
Paul Sutherland

Placerville, California
Post  Posted 24 Jan 2023 10:22 pm    

My trustworthy and faithful Hilton pedal seems to have died. I used it at a gig Saturday night and it worked fine. But when I got home and set up the next day I noticed the little red light on the side of the pedal wasn't coming on. Today I confirmed that the pedal doesn't work.

I plugged in an older Hilton pedal and it works fine, so it's not my instrument cables or steel, or anything else. Unfortunately this older pedal has the power cord permanently attached to the pedal so I can't transfer it to the newer pedal that has failed.

It must be the detachable power supply cable has failed, or something is wrong in the pedal itself. I've tried jiggling the connections and I can't get any juice. Anyone have something like this happen before? Suggestions?

Last edited by Paul Sutherland on 25 Jan 2023 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 25 Jan 2023 3:09 am    

Most likely suspect is the Power Supply. Start with a replacement. There are two different power supplies (that I know of) used so you need one with the identical voltage (and polarity) as listed on the original power supply.

Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 25 Jan 2023 4:59 am    

I have had 2 walwarts for my Hilton fail. Interstingly enough, they failed on an outdoor gig up on the Russian River, almost exactly one year apart, at the same outdoor venue. I now carry a spare walwart with me. The Phihong walwart is easy to find at online electronic stores.

Paul Sutherland

Placerville, California
Post  Posted 4 Feb 2023 10:29 pm    

It was the power supply. After receiving a new one from Keith Hilton and the pedal works perfectly.