The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Dan Knight - aka "Cowboy"
Brian Christiano

Columbia, South Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 6 Jan 2023 2:05 pm    

We received a text from Brenda, Dan's wife yesterday that Cowboy had passed away on Tuesday. I have not been able to get in touch with Brenda to get any details. She left a brief text that no service would be held and he would be cremated in Tennessee where they were living the last couple of years.

Dan played with Ferlin Husky for about 8 years before Ferlin's passing. I met Dan at a SC Steel Guitar Convention and we became friends. We played together some locally, mostly gospel/church settings.

Last I spoke with Dan was in November 2022. He called me and was talking a bit incoherently. What I gathered was that he had suffered several strokes and was in the hospital. I attempted to contact Brenda but was unable to speak with her regarding his health. He had suffered several strokes before they moved to Tennessee and was no longer able to play music.

Please keep Brenda in your prayers. She needs our support.

1992 Emmons Lashley LeGrande D-10, 1971 Martin D-28, 1959 Gretsch Country Club, 1964 Fender Band-Master, Peavey Nashville 400, Peavey Classic 30, Harlow reso

Coordinator for the South Carolina Steel Guitar Convention held in West Columbia, SC. May/Nov each year. Held at Bill's Music Shop and Pickin' Parlor.