The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Regarding Stage One`s Limited Run of New Guitars
Mikael Larsson

Sweden
Post  Posted 8 Dec 2022 5:58 am    

Hi

First time poster here, all the way from Sweden.
I don´t know if this is the correct forum to post in, please point me in the right direction if not.

In my pursue for my first pedal steel I have put my name on https://www.stageonesteelguitars.com/ list of new orders. With the mixed feelings of being afraid that I have been forgotten/misplaced/etc, and at the same time want to honor mr Earnest's request of not being bothered - I am getting a bit eager to get a status update.

Has anyone else here put their name on the list, and/or do you have any status updates regarding?

Doug Earnest

Branson, MO USA
Post  Posted 8 Dec 2022 6:46 am    

I sent you a private message.

For all you others, I am getting a general plan together and I WILL advise you before long. It is only sticking my foot in my mouth because circumstances do change but I will try to give an estimate.

Ross Shafer

Petaluma, California
Post  Posted 8 Dec 2022 9:01 am    

The last 2-3 years has been a big challenge for nearly all small
makers and manufacturers, no matter what the product is. Nobody builds pedal steels for the fame or fortune. These contraptions aren’t easy to make regardless of price point. With such a minuscule worldwide market, no one would even be building these contraptions if it weren’t for every builder’s huge passion for the instrument. I’ve been soooo lucky to have such patient customers. Thanks to all!

Keep up the awesome work you’ve always done Doug! Mikael, your patience will ge rewarded with a great instrument!

Last edited by Ross Shafer on 8 Dec 2022 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Will Brown

Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 8 Dec 2022 3:27 pm     Steel

Mikael the best thing to do is be patient if Doug said he has you on the list. Then he does I am sure he needs to be at the work bench instead of the computer or phone.I my self have a steel on order from him he told me when to expect it that's good enough for me. So it just take time and a little patients he will get them out. Thanks Doug

Leon Champion

Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 8 Dec 2022 4:14 pm     Stage One

I can assure you Mr Doug will work with you. Our daughter passed away mid October I got an email from Doug saying he was ready to start my Encore, I email'ed him and explained what was going on with my daughters death. I immediately received an email saying so sorry keep me informed, I called Doug last week ,I have a new build date I know for a fact he cares for his customers THANK YOU MR DOUG FOR YOUER UNDER STANDING AND PATIENCE LEON.

Jon Light

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 8 Dec 2022 4:24 pm    

I have a friend who put his name in to a vendor who had posted here that he was going to do a production run of a product, anybody interested should write him and get on the list. Well, the item shipped, people posted about receiving theirs, and my friend got nothing. His name had slipped through the cracks. It all ended well.
My point is -- it happens. I've been there too. It is an anxiety of mine, if I don't get acknowledgement or updates. What if I'm not in? It has nothing to do with patience or impatience.

Mikael did a good job of expressing the spot he was in. He did NOT want to bother Doug, take his time, or come off as impatient. Unfortunately there is no way to find out if everything is ok other than to take up that time.
It's lose/lose for everybody but it's tough, wondering if this might be one of the rare times when it has gone wrong.

So -- my sympathies to everyone. Certainly I don't think Mikael should feel bad in any way.

Doug Earnest

Branson, MO USA
Post  Posted 8 Dec 2022 6:32 pm    

Everyone who made the orders list was sent an acknowledgment that their order has been entered, and that an estimate of timing of delivery will be forthcoming.

Mikael and I got everything straightened out very easily.

Jon Light

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 9 Dec 2022 3:44 am    

Doug Earnest wrote:
Everyone who made the orders list was sent an acknowledgment that their order has been entered, and that an estimate of timing of delivery will be forthcoming.

Mikael and I got everything straightened out very easily.

Thanks for the clarification, Doug, and great -- glad everyone's good.

Mikael Larsson

Sweden
Post  Posted 9 Dec 2022 4:14 am    

Yeah, sorry all, and sorry Doug.

My intent was not to hurry or rush anything - it was just of honest curiosity and excitement to be a part of the steel guitar community by owning my first steel guitar.

But in hindsight I do realise I should have been more patient.

I appreciate that Doug accepted my privately posted apology, but I do feel a bit embarrassed about this thread.

Looking forward until I can play on my own guitar, but until then I will happily consume as much knowledge as possible from this great forum.

Ben Lawson

Brooksville Florida
Post  Posted 9 Dec 2022 4:32 am    

Doug Earnest is one of my favorite guys in the steel guitar business. We've both been through some tough health issues and he's always great to talk with. He makes some pretty good steels too!

Joey Ace

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 9 Dec 2022 6:05 am    

All OK. Post closed at original posters request.