The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  2023 Band-in-a-Box & RealBand for Windows Released
Jim Fogle

North Carolina, Winston-Salem, USA
Post  Posted 5 Dec 2022 5:49 pm    

2023 Band-in-a-Box and RealBand is released and on sale until the end of the year. Homepage is here: https://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.htm

It is now practical to record audio in Band-in-a-Box as real time audio output monitoring is available.

The list of RealDrums offering drum stems has grown significantly.

New this year is RealTracks stems. If you have a RealTrack with multiple audio sources (background singers, horn section for example) a stem is available for each source.

Playable RealTracks list has been expanded. Playable RealTracks lets you modify the audio playback of a RealTrack using MIDI.

It is now possible to perform a partial regeneration of a RealTrack.

By the way, Band-in-a-Box seems to be more stable this year. I'm normally pretty good at crashing a software program and it only happened trying out the real time audio monitoring. An update fixed that issue.

There's more but my mind is brain dead at the moment.
Cakewalk by Bandlab Computer DAW
Zoom MRS-8 8 Track Hardware DAW

Mike Neer

NJ
Post  Posted 7 Dec 2022 4:54 pm    

I have BIAB Ultra but to be honest, I rarely use it. I can’t put my finger on what it is, but something about the program bugs me. And yet here i am debating on whether to upgrade.

Jim Fogle

North Carolina, Winston-Salem, USA
Post  Posted 7 Dec 2022 5:32 pm    

The feeling I get from posts in different forums is more people purchase Band-in-a-Box to take advantage of RealTrack and RealDrum offerings than for the audio production capability the program offers.

It seems many people find a style they like, search for RealTracks or RealDrums that sound close to what they want, render the tracks to audio and finish in their DAW of choice.

It seems to me a lot of people are having difficulty in trying the opposite, start in the DAW and finish in Band-in-a-Box. Over the last couple of years PG Music has worked on beefing up the audio production capability of the program.

But I understand the reluctance, many musicians are very familiar with using their DAW of choice and know exactly what they need to do to achieve a goal in their DAW.

Band-in-a-Box has the same set of tools as most DAWs but the tools don't look as pretty and can be difficult to find.
Cakewalk by Bandlab Computer DAW
Zoom MRS-8 8 Track Hardware DAW