The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  RIP Leonard T (LT) Zinn 2/3/2022
rpetersen

Iowa
Post  Posted 5 Feb 2022 11:12 am    

I still remember the the time he dressed up as the Energizer Bunny and danced across the State when Herb Remington was playing!

Tommy White

Nashville
Post  Posted 5 Feb 2022 7:49 pm    

One of the most kind gentleman I’ve ever met. He was always there for support and encouragement to us greenhorns. Rest In Peace dear friend. You will be missed.

b0b

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 5 Feb 2022 9:29 pm    

rpetersen wrote:
I still remember the the time he dressed up as the Energizer Bunny and danced across the State when Herb Remington was playing!

That was so funny¡ I thought I must have dreamed it. Laughing

Fred Thompson

Zephyrhills, FL
Post  Posted 7 Feb 2022 6:29 am     L T Zinn

Rest in Peace, dear friend to all.. Always a hug and kind words.. The true example of a real gentleman!
Glad I was there for the "Energizer Bunny" skit..

Paul Awalt

Greenwich, Ct.
Post  Posted 7 Feb 2022 11:25 am    

There will never be another L.T. I was lucky enough to see him support the "Steelin for the Hearts" benefits, which he stood out, along with the likes of Herby, Weldon, and Buddy Charleton, always smiling. The best backup comedian steel player there has ever been.

John Brabant

Calais, VT, USA
Post  Posted 12 Feb 2022 3:23 pm    

Sad news. Amazed he was 96, but I guess if I run the years by in my head, yeah, guess so. Was hoping to see you, Neil Flanz and Roy Rosetta in Dallas this year. Tough times. Won’t be the same. Love you Leonard. RIP old friend. Jim Cohen, you better show up in Dallas.

Bernie Watruba

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 20 Feb 2022 11:41 am    

Lenard was a great friend, wonderful gentleman, great musician. RIP my friend.
Bernie

Donny Hinson

Glen Burnie, Md. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 24 Feb 2022 2:53 pm    

I attended a large steel show many years ago (I was not playing). There were probably over 500 people there, and many famous players; the joint was packed. During a lull in the playing, I saw Leonard going from table to table...every table, to thank the people for coming out. When he got to my table, he introduced himself and thanked us all for coming out. Then he noticed a Steel Guitar Forum patch that I had on my jacket and asked "Are you a player?" I told him I was, and he said "Well, I hope you enjoy the show!", and he smiled, waved, and moved on to the next table.

Leonard played rhythm almost the entire day, and though I heard a lot of great players and great music, nothing impressed me more than that smiling old man going from table to table to thank the people for coming out.

Smile

Don Kona Woods

Hawaiian Kama'aina
Post  Posted 6 Mar 2022 12:36 am    

I will miss L.T., my friend of over 35 years. We would get together and jam when I lived close to him in Michigan. Those were special times.

He was known to all of us Hawaiian Steel Guitar Players at the Aloha International Steel Guitar Club and the Hawaiian Steel Guitar Association Conventions as Pilikia. Pilikia is the Hawaiian word for TROUBLE. L.T. was always up to some prank in our conventions. He pulled the Energizing Bunny on all of us as well. It was hilarious.

At our Hawaiian Steel Guitar Conventions in Hawaii, Joliet and Winchester he would graciously back me up when I played. He was a great backup rhythm player.

L.T. was a devout Christian believer and his faith in Jesus was strong. He is now with Him in Heaven.

Evelyn Whitney

Muskegon, MI 49441 USA
Post  Posted 2 Dec 2022 3:54 pm    

We lost him on Feb. 3rd this year. I still feel the hurt and pain of missing him. Guess I always will. Thats O K he deserves all the love I have for him. Thank you, all of you, for your comments about this man. It is amazing to see how much he was loved and how well you knew him

Blake Hawkins

Florida
Post  Posted 2 Dec 2022 7:42 pm    

I have been a L T Zinn fan since the late `1940's.
My Family lived in Southern Pennsylvania and we listened to
the "101 Ranch Boys" on the radio.

Willis Vanderberg

Petoskey Mi
Post  Posted 4 Dec 2022 3:18 am    

L.T. Was one of my early mentors along with Roy Ayres.
As a fifteen year old wannabe there was very little instruction where I lived. Every Saturday was a must listen to to 101 Ranch Boys. When that Cimmeron (sp)Roll On
Came on the radio I was lost in the feeling. I met L.T. And Roy many times in my 89 years and have all the respect in the world for both.
A special thank you and God Bless for Evelyn who was the wind beneath his wings.
Willis , better know as Old Bud….

Ray Jenkins

Gold Canyon Az. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 8 Dec 2022 9:46 pm    

The most loveable person that ever blessed the steel guitar world.He lit up up anywhere he went.You will be missed.Those of us that were blessed with his love and friendship will be saddened for a long time to come.Rest in that beloved place with the most highest God LT.

Evelyn Whitney

Muskegon, MI 49441 USA
Post  Posted 11 Dec 2022 2:01 pm     Leonard T Zinn Feb 3, 2022

I know L T is with Jesus. Thanking all of you again for the sweetest memories about him. Just seems wrong not having him here. I know he loves it where he is. LIfe gets a little harder as we go on in age and his beloved music was missing from his life.

Gary Sill

Mt. Zion, IL, USA
Post  Posted 14 Dec 2022 2:58 pm     LT made it his calling to encourage us steel players

Every time I played in St. Louis, right after my last number he would give me his words of encouragement at the time every steel player needs it---right after the last note of the last song. There's got to be a main seat in heaven for a nice person as LT.
A beautiful Laquer Mullen G2, 2 Nashville 112's, Evans 10" R150 Amp,1982 Emmons Push Pull D-10, Hilton Pedals, 12/8 MSA Superslide, Green LDG Sho-Bud-Owned by Lloyd, S-6 Fender 1956 Lap. , Gretsch Country Gentleman, red Gibson 2019, ES 335, Quilter, Gretsch Resonator, Eastman Mandolin

Drew Howard

Post  Posted 17 Dec 2022 10:50 am    

Miss you, LT. What a smile!