The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  "Carrying Your Love With Me"-George Strait-P Franklin Break
Jeff Garden

Center Sandwich, New Hampshire, USA
Post  Posted 26 Oct 2022 12:07 pm    

I heard George Strait's "Carrying Your Love With Me" on the radio two days in a row. Which got me to thinking about Paul Franklin's steel break at 2:28. I'm just winging it by ear but this should get you close.
Here it is on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YW3W5RPV-0

Jim Morris

Cincinnati Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 13 Apr 2023 4:05 am    

Thanks Jeff great work as always. This song was added last night to the set list for the show I’m playing this weekend (opening for Craig Morgan) and I already have enough stuff to memorize and work out. Any help and shortcut to the final product is much appreciated.

Hope you’re well brother.

Jeff Garden

Center Sandwich, New Hampshire, USA
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2023 12:17 pm    

Thanks, Jim - how did everything work out for your show?

Jim Morris

Cincinnati Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 15 May 2023 5:17 pm    

I assume you’re talking about the show I needed this solo for… it was fantastic! I was gonna laying with a local artist who was opening for Craig Morgan and the I lyway it could’ve went better is if we could do overdubs 😂

In all seriousness, that was the first time I’d played with any of those guys I shared the stage with so everything besides signature solos was improvised. It went well enough that he booked me for more gigs so that’s a plus. Even got a compliment from one of the guys with Morgan’s outfit. It was the sound guy/ stage manager. Said I mixed myself very well and I didn’t overplay like many other steel players he has heard so I’ll take it. 😁

Sorry it took so long to reply back brother. I appreciate all your hard work on tab. It’s a huge help when you have limited time to figure things out.