The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Rick Campbell - The Lighthouse
Rick Campbell

Sneedville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 6 Jul 2022 7:52 pm    

Here's the latest from my home studio. It's in C and modulates to C#. This is one of Ronnie Hinson's great songs. Recorded in my home studio using my assortment of tools. Hope you enjoy.

https://youtu.be/pmihROdzi9I

RC

Jim Fogle

North Carolina, Winston-Salem, USA
Post  Posted 7 Jul 2022 10:42 am     Well Sung & Presented

Mighty fine Rick. Kinda' stretching on the high notes. I haven't previously heard "The Lighthouse". It's a neat song. You're getting more proficient and creative with your videos; very classy.
Cakewalk by Bandlab Computer DAW
Zoom MRS-8 8 Track Hardware DAW

Tim McCutchen

Arkansas
Post  Posted 21 Oct 2022 1:59 pm     recording

That was excellent. You're a talented guy. Great tone on the push pull. You going direct or did you mike an amp (which amp)? Very good. Keep sharing.

Rick Campbell

Sneedville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 21 Oct 2022 3:21 pm     Re: recording

Tim McCutchen wrote:
That was excellent. You're a talented guy. Great tone on the push pull. You going direct or did you mike an amp (which amp)? Very good. Keep sharing.

Thank you very much for the compliments. The steel is direct. All my videos are direct in on the electric instruments. Fiddles, vocals, rhythm guitar, etc... are all miked. I'd like to try using an amp and mic sometime. I've done it in other people's studios. For gigs, I use either a Nashville 112 or 400 depending on the size of the gig. I've got a 1974 Fender Twin Reverb that I use occasionally. I call it my 74 rig.... because the PP is also a 1974. Actually, I don't really prefer one over the other except for the weight differences. I don't think I'm a good enough player to really take advantage of the differences in the different amps, speakers, etc... I just adjust the settings to get the sound I want. I've learned that it varies in different venues. One reason I go direct in my home studio is because I'm often working on this stuff late at night after my wife has gone to bed...... 😊😊😊 I've learned that the hard way.😁😁😁

RC

Tim McCutchen

Arkansas
Post  Posted 22 Oct 2022 12:51 pm     recording

Thank you for the response. Just trying to get into trying to record something (also late at night, lol).That Emmons sounds great.

Rick Campbell

Sneedville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 22 Oct 2022 4:16 pm     Re: recording

Tim McCutchen wrote:
Thank you for the response. Just trying to get into trying to record something (also late at night, lol).That Emmons sounds great.

Good luck with the recording. It's a fun thing to do. Let us know if we can help. There's some experienced guys here.

RC