The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Question about Line 6 Helix Floor Model
Mick OGrady

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Post  Posted 3 Oct 2022 7:24 am    

Has anybody used this device with their steel and if so how does it sound? Are there any issues?

Zach Turner

Carmel Valley, California, USA
Post  Posted 3 Oct 2022 1:09 pm    

I don't have any experience with Helix but I do use my GFI with a Fractal FM3. It works very well. It gets nice cleans with great reverbs. There are several other Fractal users here. I'd give them a look for a modeler. Great with my 6 string too

Dennis Montgomery

Western Washington
Post  Posted 4 Oct 2022 9:13 am    

I bought a Line 6 Helix Floor processor a little over a year ago. Run my guitars and bass through it but haven't tried my Mullen SD12 (which I only run through a Cali76 Stacked compressor then into the board).

I can tell you like every other Line 6 processor I've ever owned, 1st thing to do is ignore the presets and build your own virtual pedal board 1 effect at a time. The Helix has a jaw dropping amount of parameters for each effect, plus the ability to put them in any order so I can't believe it wouldn't sound amazing for PSG - though be ready to work a bit to get there Winking

Hear my album, "Armistice" featuring Fender 400 on every song:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfXm8aXRTFz2Pz_GXhvmjne7lPEtsplyW

Hear my Pedal Steel Only playlist featuring Mullen G2 SD12 on covers like Candyman, Wild Horses, Across the Universe & more...
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfXm8aXRTFz2f0JOyiXpZyzNrvnJObliA

Eric Watts

Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 6 Oct 2022 7:05 am    

I have been using a Helix LT for several years. I use it with keyboards as well as several pedal steels. Its tone shaping power is truly useful and amazing. Amplifiers are no longer a part of the tone, or voices. I use stereo output and always feed a pa amp to full range speakers. It is a Rabbit Hole of adventure and new sound power that You might enjoy!!! Highly recommend trying one out!!