The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  SC Steel Show Nov 2022
Brian Christiano

Columbia, South Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 24 Aug 2022 6:41 am    

OK folks, here we are heading into the fall. YES, we are having a November show at Bill's Music Shop.
Date: Sunday 13 November
Time: 1:00 a.m.. until 5:30 p.m.

We are NOT planning on the Saturday workshop or jam session this time around.

Our player list is yet to be determined. Any interested players contact me. Brett Crisp has already confirmed he will be back. We look forward to seeing him with the Emmons Guitar Company endorsement.[/b]

1992 Emmons Lashley LeGrande D-10, 1971 Martin D-28, 1959 Gretsch Country Club, 1964 Fender Band-Master, Peavey Nashville 400, Peavey Classic 30, Harlow reso

Coordinator for the South Carolina Steel Guitar Convention held in West Columbia, SC. May/Nov each year. Held at Bill's Music Shop and Pickin' Parlor.

Brian Christiano

Post  Posted 24 Aug 2022 7:30 am     SC Steel Show Update

Thanks to Roger Crawford from GA, he noted the typo.

Start time is 11:00 a.m., NOT 1:00 a.m.

If any of you want to pick at 1:00 a.m., may I suggest a gig at a gar that stays open til 3:00 a.m.? LOL

1992 Emmons Lashley LeGrande D-10, 1971 Martin D-28, 1959 Gretsch Country Club, 1964 Fender Band-Master, Peavey Nashville 400, Peavey Classic 30, Harlow reso

Coordinator for the South Carolina Steel Guitar Convention held in West Columbia, SC. May/Nov each year. Held at Bill's Music Shop and Pickin' Parlor.

Brian Christiano

Post  Posted 8 Sep 2022 7:14 am     SC Steel Show Update

We are making it a Veterans Day event. Come on out and salute our veterans and support live music.

Bill Cunningham

Atlanta, Ga. USA
Post  Posted 8 Sep 2022 5:18 pm    

Hi Brian,

I just put it on my calendar! Hope you can have a spot for me.

Brian Christiano

Post  Posted 21 Sep 2022 7:57 am     SC Steel Show Update

I have some exciting news regarding our November Steel Show here in SC! Nashville steel guitar player, Carco Clave will be one of our guest players along with some familiar SC, GA, NC favorites, like Gary Hart, Bill Nicholson, John Swain, and Bill Cunningham.

Many of you steel guitar gurus know Carco, but for those that aren't familiar with his work, here is a short bio:

He came up in California playing lap steel in surf bands. While in the US Army, he played in the USA band, playing trumpet and saxophone. Following discharge from the Army in San Francisco, he played in hippie style groups playing pedal steel.

He moved to San Antonio, Texas, and played western swing before moving to Nashville with a short time spent in Las Vegas. Played with Little Jimmie Dickens, at Opryland, and got a gig with Asleep At The Wheel in Austin, Texas.

I am looking forward to hearing some surf music and western swing from Carco. So plan to come out.

As a reminder, Brett Crisp will be with us representing the new Emmons Guitar Company. He will no doubt be playing a new Resound 65 Push Pull Emmons. You won't want to miss this show.

Brian Christiano

Post  Posted 21 Sep 2022 8:04 am     Georgia Steel Show comments

I attended the GA Steel Show in Conyers on 11 September.
They had a great show! The attendance was a great success.

Well done (or as we say in the US Navy, BRAVO ZULU) to all that did the work to put this event back in the schedule.

As the SC Steel Coordinator, I know how much work goes into planning and executing such an event.

Brian Christiano

Post  Posted 22 Sep 2022 9:56 am     Clip of Carco Clave on Lap Steel

Here's a clip of Carco having some fun on lap steel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBryf2z6dsA

Brian Christiano

Post  Posted 22 Sep 2022 10:04 am     SC Steel Show Update

Confirmed last night that Perley Curtis will be playing our November show, with Jim Hartley playing drums.
You can find Perley on RFD TV on "Perley's Place" as well as on WSM radio.

I am excited about this show with Brett Crisp, Carco Clave, and Perley Curtis.

Our other outstanding musicians so far are:
John Swain
Bill Cunningham
Gary Hart
Bill Nicholson

"I have three of a kind, working on a full house."

Brian Christiano

Post  Posted 22 Sep 2022 10:06 am     SC Steel Show Update

Bill Nicholson

South Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 22 Sep 2022 4:26 pm    

Brian ...
Bill Nicholson here. I still plan to attend and play the show. As I mentioned to you at the Ga show, I need a somewhat early slot if you can. Maybe around noon or 12:30pm. I'm traveling with some friends on our way to Myrtle Beach, so I'll have to cut out around 2 or 3.
I'm sure I will miss out on some really great players that come on after that.

Bill Nicholson

South Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 22 Sep 2022 4:33 pm    

I meant to mention that Brett Crisp's playing was really impressive last time. Also, some really good stuff from several other players that were somewhat new to me. And I know Carco will play some neat stuff. Look forward to seeing everyone (Bob and the band) .....good to hear Jim Hartley will be there too.

Jeremy Drawbaugh

scottsboro, al usa
Post  Posted 22 Sep 2022 5:27 pm    

Hey Brian,
Never been to the South Carolina show but if you need another spot filled let me know. We met briefly at the Georgia show.
QUILTER 202 TONE BLOCK
BOSS DD-3 BOSS CHORUS EFFECT
NEUBAR REVERB
NASHVILLE 112/400
TELONICS VOLUME PEDAL
STEELER'S CHOICE PAK-A-SEAT