The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Quilter Steelaire
Mike DiAlesandro

Kent, Ohio
Post  Posted 8 Sep 2022 3:20 am    

I recently traded for a Quilter Steelaire Pro, the rack version mounted in a cabinet.
It's a decent sounding amp all in all.

My question is why wouldn't Quilter include a tuner out on the amp. I have read the manual and there isn't any reference on how to connect a tuner.

Can an effects loop work for this or will it degrade the signal?

Thanks for any info.

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 8 Sep 2022 5:08 am    

I had a rack model. Never considered or needed a tuner out from the amp as I had a tuner jack on my volume pedal.

Have you tried the Volume pedal out on the front? Also effects loop out? One of these may work. Just the out only, don't include it in a loop.

I sold my Steelaire rack and moved on to the TB202. It too does not have a tuner out option.

Mike DiAlesandro

Kent, Ohio
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2022 5:41 am    

Thanks Jack,

I will give it a try. Do you prefer the TB202 over the Steelaire?

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2022 6:24 am    

Yes. Best steel amp I've had since 70's and a Twin Reverb. TB202 can even sound "Fenderish" Flick of a switch and the EQ is active like the Steelaire, another position the EQ is passive like a "Black face" Fender.

Also, thinking back, I've had several Peavey steel amps, Evans, and Fender. None of them had a Tuner jack.

Marco Schouten

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Post  Posted 11 Sep 2022 12:15 pm    

I did connect my Steelaire combo to the 2 orange JBL speakers in my friends Twin Reverb. Pure Fender sound, my jaw dropped on the floor. So, I think that the right speaker will be most important to get that tone out of the Steelaire.

Kevin Mincke

Farmington, MN (Twin Cities-South Metro) USA
Post  Posted 13 Sep 2022 10:23 am    

Has anyone had any problem wit the TB202 heating up and shutting down? Heard of an instance is why the inquiry, Was looking at one of these sort the DV Mark 250 GH tube head for easy in out and going direct where no amps/live sound are required.