The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Request to add Sticky for Shared 3D print Files Free
George Piburn

The Land of Enchantment New Mexico
Post  Posted 17 Aug 2022 10:28 am    

Hello from GeorgeBoards -- Dear Moderator ;
I am Formally Requesting to add a Sticky for Shared 3D print Files Free.

EveryOne Please respond your support for this requested sticky so that the Moderator will add it.

To get the whole thing started, I am happy to share a GeorgeBoards™ 3D Printed Palm Pedal Bender System.
We spent a year developing these files and I made the executive decision Not to Go into production of this as a for sale product.

This is an opportunity for everyone to make their own benders at a fraction of the cost of currently made metal ones.

Once we have a place specifically for sharing 3D printed parts Free File Sharing I will figure out how to give the Free STL files.

This bender is superior to all others in many ways.

The strings go inside the rocker part in a Curved Tube (Like to see that done with a drill press)
and exit exactly in line with a Bridge - this direct pull is a lot more accurate than one with some other part to go across.

We incorporated 2 Roller Bearings for each of the Rockers, smoother bends and returns than any other metal to metal contact type.

Because we can micro manage all of the dimensions we do to make all of the tolerances tight to thousands of an inch.

I Beefed up the rocker part to take the strings better and made the end of the rocker bigger so when you place the pedal arms to a side there is structure under the arm.
Also added a recessed place for a 10-32 nut for the arm hold down screw.

Below are more quick photos - Again Once we get a Sticky going I will fill in the details and find a best way to give the STL fils to you for FREE.

Hopefully this new sticky will provide a beginning to Free Shared Files here in the Builders Corner.

YouTube Channel

Jeremy King

Rochelle, GA, USA
Post  Posted 17 Aug 2022 10:45 am    

Love this! I have a few 3D print designs (Headstocks, Bridges, Changer Fingers, Etc.) that I'd like to share as well. Maybe they can be helpful to other builders. Or at least be a decent template for someone trying to design parts. I'm currently working with 3D printed carbon fiber for my parts. It's more expensive but it seems to be holding up pretty well so far. Are you using tough PLA?

Jeremy King

Rochelle, GA, USA
Post  Posted 17 Aug 2022 11:52 am    

I think adding a Sticky for 3D parts would be a wonderful addition to the Builders' Corner section.

Andy DePaule

Saigon, Viet Nam & Springfield, Oregon
Post  Posted 17 Aug 2022 12:48 pm     Yes go for it

Yes go for it as a sticky...

Thanks to George and Jeremy for being willing to contribute to this. Very Happy
My bet is others will follow.
Maybe I should get a CNC combination Mill & Printer and buckle down and learn to use them?
Magnatone Jeweltone Series Lap Steel, Circa 1950? 6 String with F#minor7th Tuning.
1956 Dewey Kendrick D-8 4&3, Restoration Project.
1973 Sho~Bud Green SD-10 4&5 PSG, Restoration Project.

Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 17 Aug 2022 2:09 pm    

Another great idea.