Turn To me
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

Author Topic:  Billy Mize Bakersfield Legend
William Saunders

Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 4 Aug 2022 7:48 am    

Hello! My name is Joe Saunders, I'm Billy Mize's grandson. I've recently been collecting all his old recordings and compiling it into a new collection of albums. I've notice Billy's name pop up here and there in this forum and would appreciate your thoughts on songs you remember him playing or would like to hear on a new album. I saw someone really enjoyed Who Will Buy The Wine - that will be on there for sure. Any other thoughts would be helpful!

Wayne Franco

silverdale, WA. USA
Post  Posted 4 Aug 2022 8:16 am     Wow Billy Mize

I listened to Billy on television a lot when I was young. One of my favorite songs was "I wonder where you are
tonight"

That would be a great song to have on the album.

Duane Becker

Elk,Wa 99009 USA
Post  Posted 13 Aug 2022 8:42 pm    

Joe/William, I met your grandfather Billy Mize back around 2008 when a friend of his, John Bole brought him up to Spokane Wa. They were working on a project of songs that Billy had recorded in Nashville in the late 1970s and he wanted them finished. If I remember correctly all they needed was a final mix and mastered. The project was finished and released as a cd called "Billy Mize Make It Rain" by Sharecroppers Records. It also has some tracks on it that were recorded with the Strangers but never finished. I was asked to come in and put the steel on 3 of the songs. I'm sure you know about this project, but if not I can get you a copy of the cd. Really great stuff. Billy at that time was very gracious, he could talk a little, and was very fond of the guy I mentioned John Bole. John was a part time musician around Spokane and he was a big fan of the Bakersfield music scene and Billy. Anyway, I seen your post and thought I'd respond.