The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Guide to tuning an Emmons Push/Pull
Andy DePaule

Saigon, Viet Nam & Springfield, Oregon
Post  Posted 8 Aug 2022 8:14 pm    

Tommy Auldridge wrote:
I did not read every post on this thread, but right from the start, I say you MUST first tune with the pedals down at the tuning keys at the key-head. After that, tune the open string notes with the lower row of hex screws at the end plate. And then, tune the notes on the strings that lower, with the top row of hex screws. Someone may have already pointed that out. All of this is assuming that the changer is already properly adjusted. If you don't follow this procedure, you will get things out of adjustment, to the point where you are un-necassarily crushing the compression springs that allow for any slack to be taken care of. If you have any thoughts on what I said, please let everyone know. Thanks, Tommy.....

Thanks Tommy,
That first description had my head spinning. Your explanation was short, simple, easy to follow and worked well.
Lynn Stafford set up my D-10 Promat 3 years ago and it stayed in tune really well until a couple of months ago.
I had to tweek the second string.
Been playing since 1975, but this is my first PP steel. Plays so well I don't deserve it. Very Happy
Magnatone Jeweltone Series Lap Steel, Circa 1950? 6 String with F#minor7th Tuning.
1956 Dewey Kendrick D-8 4&3, Restoration Project.
1973 Sho~Bud Green SD-10 4&5 PSG, Restoration Project.

Bob Snelgrove

san jose, ca
Post  Posted 1 Mar 2023 8:25 am    

Any good videos for setting up, repairing a Push Pull besides Clems?

Paul St. Clair

New York, USA
Post  Posted 16 Mar 2024 1:38 pm     Multiple C# raises

I have B-C# raises on three different pedals, A, C, and a D pedal that raises B to C# and G# to A. The A and C pedals are in tune but the D pedal is not. How can I get it in tune. The guitar is a single 10 P/P.