The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Dekley's first time out.
Scott Denniston

Hahns Peak, Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 4 Aug 2022 6:12 am    

We played at a friend's 70th birthday party Saturday. The photo doesn't show it but the place was packed inside & out with folks from all over the country. I could not ask for a better sound. I think this was the second gig the Dekley has been played because I remember reading Bill Stroud saying he only played it once in church. I was going through the Kemper and a Seymour Duncan Power Stage 700 stereo power amp and through my two Tommy Huff speakers loaded with TT-15s. All light stuff and the Dekley wasn't even heavy in split cases. Miraculously I haven't heard about anyone getting sick. What a great time!

Paul Wade

mundelein,ill
Post  Posted 5 Aug 2022 5:03 pm     Dekley

Scott
Great guitars had 3 of Dekley slimline d-10
I. Guitar looks great I bet it sounds great

P.w

Scott Denniston

Post  Posted 6 Aug 2022 3:55 am    

Yeah it sounded great in my music room but really blossomed out with a band. I had a Dekley in the past and liked it a lot but went back to a Sho-Bud. I didn't like the Dekley string spacing then but now I do. I'm getting used to the twelve strings too. Those Alumitones are a good match for that guitar.

Andrew Danner

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 8 Aug 2022 10:02 am    

Any tips for setting up a Dekley S12 with 7 pedals and 3 levers?
I just recently picked one up from a guy, I'm hoping to tune it to a Universal 12. I think the guy who had it was trying to make a sort of extended E9 tuning, but he hadn't really set the pedals up beyond (A,B,C,E,&F).
Thanks.

Scott Denniston

Post  Posted 8 Aug 2022 10:31 am    

Mine is set up as Extended E9 and the the C6 neck is standard but with G,B,D on top. I sure wouldn't be the one to ask about a Universal. The Dekley is one of the easiest to change around though and I think you could do about anything with it.

Bob Carlucci

Candor, New York, USA
Post  Posted 8 Aug 2022 1:39 pm    

Dekleys are a really good sounding steel.. Its an old school sound to my ears.. The ones I had sounded like fine old all wood steels along the lines of say a Sho Bud, ZB, or other all wood vintage pedal steel.. The underside design look similar to the MSA Classic of the same era, but the Dekley was a better sounding guitar in my opinion, despite it being ""pakkawood""..
The only thing I disliked about dekley guitars was those awful D shaped pedals.. I played in socks, and they were sharp, and I had a hard time dealing... bob

no gear list for me.. you don't have the time......