The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Early 70s Emmons Push Pull Serial Number 1911D
Shannon Carrier

Houston Texas, USA
Post  Posted 30 Jun 2022 6:27 am    

Hello all. I have for sale, is a Emmons D10 serial number 1911 Cuttail. I believe it's a 1973 or 1974. Purchased it in 74.Has original case and is in really good condition for its age. Owned it since it was new. Could use a little cleaning due to it not being in use for some time. Everything in pictures comes with the sale. Any questions feel free to contact me. I think $2700 is a fair price. I'll split the cost of shipping but would prefer local pickup. Located in Houston, TX

Gary Watkins

Bristol, VA
Post  Posted 30 Jun 2022 7:31 am     Re: Early 70s Emmons Push Pull Serial Number 1911D

Shannon Carrier wrote:
Hello all. I have for sale, is a Emmons D10 serial number 1911 Cuttail. I believe it's a 1973 or 1974. Purchased it in 74.Has original case and is in really good condition for its age. Owned it since it was new. Could use a little cleaning due to it not being in use for some time. Everything in pictures comes with the sale. Any questions feel free to contact me. I think $2700 is a fair price. I'll split the cost of shipping but would prefer local pickup. Located in Houston, TX

I love that color!

Shannon Carrier

Houston Texas, USA
Post  Posted 30 Jun 2022 7:37 am    

Well Gary, you could sell your guitar and I'd be more than happy to split the cost of shipping for ya!

Tomas Enguidanos

California, USA
Post  Posted 30 Jun 2022 12:26 pm    

Hi Shannon,

I’d like to buy your guitar. Could you please call me 510-329-7800

Michael Harrington

Ann Arbor
Post  Posted 30 Jun 2022 12:31 pm    

PM sent.

Michael

Shannon Carrier

Houston Texas, USA
Post  Posted 1 Jul 2022 11:01 am    

SOLD! Thanks Michael! She's gong to a good home.

Michael Harrington

Ann Arbor
Post  Posted 31 Jul 2022 1:49 pm    

This guitar has yet to be seen. I paid for it in full on July 1st and have had zero communication with the seller since. Multiple calls, texts, voicemails, emails-- nada.

OP? Where are you?

Gary Watkins

Bristol, VA
Post  Posted 31 Jul 2022 2:02 pm    

Michael Harrington wrote:
This guitar has yet to be seen. I paid for it in full on July 1st and have had zero communication with the seller since. Multiple calls, texts, voicemails, emails-- nada.

OP? Where are you?

I know first-hand what this feels like, and I never got my steel or my money and the person I was dealing with is now dead! I hope it works out for you.

Last edited by Gary Watkins on 1 Aug 2022 4:56 am; edited 1 time in total

Bill McCloskey

Nanuet, NY
Post  Posted 31 Jul 2022 2:15 pm    

Oh man. seller only had one post. This one. Hope you get it but.... maybe b0b has a contact.

Richard Lotspeich

North Georgia
Post  Posted 31 Jul 2022 3:12 pm    

He joined the Forum the same day as this post.

Last edited by Richard Lotspeich on 1 Aug 2022 2:34 am; edited 2 times in total

Jon Zimmerman

California, USA
Post  Posted 31 Jul 2022 5:42 pm    

🚩.

Henry Matthews

Texarkana, Ark USA
Post  Posted 31 Jul 2022 10:30 pm    

Either you’ve been had or something has happened to seller. I’d check every where you could for that name like social media and name searches unless Bob has other contacts.

D-10 Magnum, 8 &5, dark rose color
D-10 1974 Emmons cut tail, fat back,rosewood, 8&5
Nashville 112 amp, Fishman Loudbox Performer amp, Hilton pedal, Goodrich pedal,BJS bar, Kyser picks, Live steel Strings. No effects, doodads or stomp boxes.

Drew Howard

Post  Posted 1 Aug 2022 4:47 am    

Michael is a professional musician, a friend of mine and a decent person. I sincerely hope Shannon comes through with the guitar for Michael. I hate to see my friend, or anyone, be ghosted and/or ripped off.

Bill McCloskey

Nanuet, NY
Post  Posted 1 Aug 2022 5:28 am    

As a person who hates to see anyone ripped off, I spent some time yesterday searching for the seller anywhere on social media. I only came up with one Shannon Carrier in the Houston area and that person was a young woman who was clearly not the seller. If someone has been playing Pedal steel since 1974 as the seller claimed there is usually SOMETHING out there.

I hope for the best but fear the worse. Reminder: never buy from someone who has no history on the forum. First post sellers are always suspect unless it is someone selling their father's equipment after a death. I hope you find them and this was all just a misunderstanding.

I also spent some time searching for the images of the steel, looking to see if I could see if it was sold before, or on another site, like ebay or reverb. But came up empty.

Michael Harrington

Ann Arbor
Post  Posted 1 Aug 2022 6:28 am    

Thank you everyone for the collective support from the Forum. Bill, I spoke with Shannon over the phone who had claimed to have been the son of a steel guitarist named John Carrier, who he was helping sell the guitar for. I also have done an extensive search online of this person and have found some information. I've reserved judgement for the moral character of the seller, but my patience is growing a little thin after a month of nothing.

Michael

Damir Besic

Nashville,TN.
Post  Posted 1 Aug 2022 7:20 am    

go to police and file fraud charges against whoever you sent check to… if it was mailed through USPS they could actually get charged with a mail fraud , which is a federal crime , but I think that would be done by postal inspectors , not police … you have info, you have name and address of the person you sent funds to, and their phone number, so if they think they can get away with this, they’re pretty dumb

Alex Kidd

Nashville, TN
Post  Posted 1 Aug 2022 7:53 am    

Definitely a bummer to hear about this - so sorry for you. For what it's worth - I was inquiring about the guitar and I received what seemed to be normal, honest responses about the guitar, its' condition, and the seller was asking if I would prefer shipping or pickup. I hope this gets resolved for you!

Chris LeDrew

Canada
Post  Posted 1 Aug 2022 7:50 pm    

Many forums require a minimum number of posts and/or a period of time as a member before being allowed to post anything for sale. This situation here is a good example of why it's a good rule to enact. Food for thought to the moderators.

Mike Wilson

Mansfield, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 2 Aug 2022 2:38 am    

my first thought when I read the post was, $2700 ?, Something ain't right. But then again I sold a Sho Bud Super Pro several years ago, for I can't remember, but I think for $600 or $800 not knowing what steels were selling for. Been having sellers remorse ever since. I'm sure the person that bought it laughed all the way to the music room with it. I hope he got good use out of it.. I laugh about it now.

Gary Watkins

Bristol, VA
Post  Posted 6 Aug 2022 8:56 am    

What happened with this deal?

Michael Harrington

Ann Arbor
Post  Posted 8 Aug 2022 6:33 am    

Gary, nothing has happened thus far. I had the same reaction as you Alex when I spoke with the seller over the phone. They seemed like a decent person which is why I've been patient.

Michael

Barry Yasika

Bethlehem, Pa.
Post  Posted 8 Aug 2022 6:59 am     Missing Guitar

Hi Mike, I once had a problem with a seller and Bob the administer told me to file a complaint on the forum. I'm not sure what power he has and to what extent anything can be executed but apparently there is a protocol for things like this. I guess at this point I'd notify him, he has experience with things like this, lets face it these things can happen. Thankfully my seller had a medical problem and as soon as he was better everything worked out. It's such a drag when you have to deal with things like this. Life is full of enough anxiety without being able to trust someone. Good Luck man!!!! Try to let the forum know the outcome.

Andy DePaule

Saigon, Viet Nam & Springfield, Oregon
Post  Posted 8 Aug 2022 9:15 am     Sorry for you Michael

Sorry for you Michael,
I have had a fair number of dealings through the years and all but one have been with honest members of the forum.

I was also tempted at that price for an under priced popular steel that looked well used and in need of a good clean up and polishing.

He said he bought it in 74 and it looks to have been played & gigged but nobody seems to know who he is.
That is odd in Texas of all places.
Possible if he really did buy it in 74 then he (Like me or older) is at an age when people sometimes do have a serious medical issue come up or even suddenly pass away.

That said, I think you've been taken and need to pursue legal action if possible.
So sorry to see this happen on the forum. Sad
Good luck and best wishes,
Andy
Magnatone Jeweltone Series Lap Steel, Circa 1950? 6 String with F#minor7th Tuning.
1956 Dewey Kendrick D-8 4&3, Restoration Project.
1973 Sho~Bud Green SD-10 4&5 PSG, Restoration Project.

Henry Matthews

Texarkana, Ark USA
Post  Posted 8 Aug 2022 10:48 am    

Michael Harrington wrote:
Gary, nothing has happened thus far. I had the same reaction as you Alex when I spoke with the seller over the phone. They seemed like a decent person which is why I've been patient.

Michael

Did you mail a check or Pay pal? If not resolved soon, phones numbers and PayPal accounts can be traced. That’s a felony and mail fraud.

D-10 Magnum, 8 &5, dark rose color
D-10 1974 Emmons cut tail, fat back,rosewood, 8&5
Nashville 112 amp, Fishman Loudbox Performer amp, Hilton pedal, Goodrich pedal,BJS bar, Kyser picks, Live steel Strings. No effects, doodads or stomp boxes.

Mike Bourque

Nashville TN
Post  Posted 9 Aug 2022 8:52 pm     Payment method

Quote:

How did you pay ?