The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Asher Hawaiian Jr, Gold, w/Benders (sold)
Lloyd Walsh

San Antonio, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 6 Jul 2022 3:35 pm    

Bought off the forum this past Spring. Hipshot benders were added by a professional luthier.
There’s a minor ding behind the 6th (low) string (steel fumble). Otherwise in excellent condition.

I have $1250+ into it but am willing to let it go for an even $1000 with free shipping in the Continental USA.

I encourage you to use regular PayPal, I’ll absorb the fee. As a newish member i hope to build trust here.. More photos sent upon request.
Currently it’s set up for C6 tuning, but with the benders it’s easily adaptable to change tunings and adjust the benders to whatever steps you prefer. If i were to restring it I’d use D or E tuning with the 2nd string bender set to raise a whole step and the third to go up a 1/2 step.
Only selling to help off set the cost of the recent purchase of a pedal steel.

Thanks!

Last edited by Lloyd Walsh on 28 Oct 2022 7:04 pm; edited 3 times in total

Lloyd Walsh

San Antonio, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 6 Jul 2022 3:41 pm    

Oops.. The white area inside the case was from a glued on extra piece of blue covered foam with added padding for a tighter fit at the bridge (presumably what Asher does as they go out). With the Benders it didn’t fit so I carefully removed the pad. It’s included and safely stored in the case and can be reattached (if wanted) with out showing blemish.

John Viterito

New Jersey, USA
Post  Posted 6 Jul 2022 4:02 pm    

Hey Lloyd…… let’s get a picture of the pedal steel you bought!

Lloyd Walsh

San Antonio, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 6 Jul 2022 4:28 pm    

Here is is John, It’s a beauty! Big thanks to Ken for a great steel and help getting it to SA.

Gregory LeBlanc

New England, USA
Post  Posted 6 Jul 2022 5:21 pm     Benders

If someone wants to buy this lap steel but isn't into the benders, I'll buy them off you.

Lloyd Walsh

San Antonio, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 6 Jul 2022 5:23 pm    

will keep it in mind if anyone expresses an interest Gregory. Thanks.

Mark Helm

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 6 Jul 2022 11:43 pm     Wow!

Gorgeous guitar, Lloyd! And a fair price, too.

As for building trust, well, I just sold you a guitar and I've seldom had such a positive experience. I can vouch for Lloyd as an honest, straight-shooter who genuinely loves steel guitar (I believe we both discussed the potential need for a 12-step program for guys like us who are always buying more and more guitars, then having to sell guitars to finance our steel buying habit). Laughing

Ya'll been there, done that!

Anyway, you'll be a happy customer if you deal with Lloyd. He's a good egg.
Remington Steelmaster S8 w/ custom Steeltronics pickup. Vox MV-50 amplifier + an 1940's Oahu cab w/ 8" American Vintage speaker. J. Mascis Fender Squire Jazzmaster, Hofner Club bass, Ibanez AVN4-VMS Artwood Vintage Series Concert Size Acoustic Guitar. 1920s/30s Supertone Hawaiian-themed parlor guitar. Silvertone parlor guitar.

John Viterito

New Jersey, USA
Post  Posted 7 Jul 2022 5:38 am    

Beautiful pedal steel, Lloyd. Good luck and have fun with it!

I second Mark's sentiments about Lloyd. I sold him the Asher that he has up for sale now (great guitar and great price, BTW), and he is the most congenial person I've ever dealt with here on the forum (and you're all great!). Communication with him after the first time had me feeling like we'd been long lost friends for decades. You'll get a great deal from him and make a friend in the meantime.

Mark, I love your comment about the need for a 12 step program for us steel guitarists that buy more and more guitars then sell them to only turn around and use the funds from the sales to buy more new guitars, which will then be sold for more new guitars in the future. I'd like to break this group into a subgroup (of which I am a senior member in good standing): Those of us who buy, sell, buy, sell, buy, sell...............AND STILL CAN'T PLAY A LICK!!! My wife says I should go back to playing the comb with toilet paper wrapped around it Laughing !

Lloyd Walsh

San Antonio, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 7 Jul 2022 7:08 am    

Thanks Mark and John, y’all are too kind.. and both of you have been a pleasure to work with as well, through sales and steel friendships (John, i still owe you an email reply).

Yeah, i have bad GAS (gear acquisition syndrome for those unfamiliar with the acronym). What a wonderful place for enablers this is, may we continue to support the dream for that one special instrument that’s lurking out there somewhere waiting to get posted here..

I’ll have other lap stills listed soon, including a Marrs Cat Can 8 stringer (the built in cat food can acts as a resonator).

Lloyd Walsh

San Antonio, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 16 Jul 2022 9:51 am     Last Sales Pitch before moving this to Reverb.

TTT and a sales pitch..

A new Asher Gold Top Hawaiian Jr on Reverb is listed at $1150 with free shipping. Included is a soft gig bag.

This one has an Asher hard case, Hipshot Palm Benders made specifically for this Asher model, and it was installed professionally. I’m ask for split shipping, but for less you’re getting lots more at $1000 with all the extras (no tax to pay either).

Thanks!

Lloyd Walsh

San Antonio, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 27 Jul 2022 10:41 am    

TTT

I’m listing this on Facebook Market Place now for $1150 shipped, but any forum member responding to this ad through PM will get the same $1000 deal originally offered with split shipping.

Thanks!
Rookie Steel player (pedal and non-pedal)
Instagram Artwork profile: lloydwalsh7405

Lloyd Walsh

San Antonio, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 26 Oct 2022 7:42 am    

TTT

Free shipping in the Continental USA now.
This is a bargain!
Hard case, hip shop benders, gold top edition.

Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 27 Oct 2022 12:20 pm     That is a beautiful guitar,

Hello Lloyd, let’s talk about your Asher, check your PMs, thanks! Michael
Two Spector 5 string basses, Martin D-18, Taylor 812CE, 1944 Epiphone Zenith, a killer Luttrell 6 string resophonic, 1932 Model 56 Dobro, Beard Model E, Martin Soprano Uke, 10 string 1953 Alkire Eharp, Peavey Nashville 112, Fender Bassman, Fender 75 watt Rumble, and a Fender 100 watt Rumble.

Lloyd Walsh

San Antonio, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 28 Oct 2022 7:05 pm    

Sold, please close. Donation to come.