The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  BIAB With Studio One?
Bill Cunningham

Atlanta, Ga. USA
Post  Posted 1 Jul 2022 8:11 pm    

My home studio is a slow work in progress. I have had a nice room built for a couple of years (a picture is in the show us our studio thread) and finally bought a desk because I hate not being organized. I am thinking of using BIAB 2022 Ultra as a plugin for Studio One to generate base tracks. Thoughts?

Do the old Jim Baron Ray Price tracks still work with the latest version?

I haven’t worked with BIAB in years and that was very limited.

I am sure I will be back with LOTS of questions. So, thanks in advance!

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2022 2:03 am    

The old Ray Price tracks still work with new BIAB versions.

I don't know about a plug-in. I have Studio one 4.6 Professional and when it searches for plug-ins BIAB is not included.

What I do if I want a BIAB backing track is to export the BIAB track as a wav file and then import that into the DAW as a mono or stereo track. Record steel (or whatever) against the imported track.

To be truthful, I never cared for BIAB for recording. I've recorded three steel CD projects over the years and only used BIAB, early on, for one song. I had an active home recording studio and never used BIAB tracks for any clients.

Bill Cunningham

Atlanta, Ga. USA
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2022 5:12 am    

Thanks Jack. Here is a link to a demo of Studio One and BIAB. Of course the manufacturer always makes it look easy and flawless Winking

[url] https://youtu.be/qLI_ZP3NsN8[/url]

Regarding BIAB quality, I’m sure there are higher quality methods to “manufacture music.” As a side rant, I have a pet peeve about digital sampling. I have a nephew that’s a fledgling “producer” and he plays nothing and has never recorded a live instrument! Shocked

But I know BIAB is relatively simple and I am starting from a position of knowing nothing about recording so I have a steep learning curve given several aspects of the whole process. And my immediate goal is to just put some stuff down for my own amusement and vanity.

Thanks for the feedback!