The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Little Walter Question
Evan Pachal

Saskatchewan, Canada
Post  Posted 26 Jun 2022 10:06 am    

I use a LW PF89 with 2 x PF350 cabinets with my Mullen G2. Have an opportunity to play with a band who wants me to play both steel and guitar. However, the amp settings for steel do not work for my guitar so it's not that simple to just plug in to the LW and switch back and forth without having to change amp settings...
Likely need to look for a separate small amp for my guitar, perhaps a Quilter Tone Block 202... But, would I have to get yet another speaker cabinet for the Quilter or could I run that amp straight to the mixer and hear the guitar through the monitors?
Any of you LW users out there that use their LW rig for steel and guitar have any suggestions or can share with me what they do, would be greatly appreciated...
I already have enough gear and don't really want to have to buy a separate guitar amp. I understand that the PF 350 speakers are more of a steel speaker.
Thank you in advance!

David Nugent

Gum Spring, Va.
Post  Posted 27 Jun 2022 4:25 pm    

You might try a separate EQ pedal between the guitar and the amp to dial in your desired tone.

Evan Pachal

Saskatchewan, Canada
Post  Posted 27 Jun 2022 8:48 pm    

Thank you David!

Brandon Schafer

Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 28 Jun 2022 2:10 pm    

I second David’s suggestion. Time to dig out that old Boss EQ pedal!

Norbert Dengler

germany
Post  Posted 28 Jun 2022 7:55 pm    

i had the same problem for many years and finally ended up using a Fender Twin or Deluxe Reverb wit the two separate channels.
Even with an equalizer it can be difficult to get a good sound out of one channel i m h experience
Good luck, Evan

Corbin Pratt

Nashville
Post  Posted 29 Jun 2022 10:19 am    

Just get a Origin Revival Drive or a similar drive pedal with EQ. Those "Amp in a Box" pedals are great for this.

Show Pro SD-10, Shaw Amplifiers, Kemper

Evan Pachal

Saskatchewan, Canada
Post  Posted 29 Jun 2022 12:05 pm    

Thank you everyone for taking the time to reply and send along your advice!
Much appreciated...

David Graves

Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 30 Jun 2022 10:06 am    

I also play lead guitar, banjo, acoustic and steel through my Little Walter 89 2x12. I use my bright channel for my lead guitar and the normal channel for my Zum Hybrid D-10. I also use a Headrush pedal board for my effects. I run my Little Walter fairly flat on EQ and then have a patch set for each instrument individually through my Headrush. It’s the best of all worlds for me. 1 amp, 1 pedal board and 1 Morley ABC box for selection. I have a Telonics 12” and a TT12 in my Little Walter combo. It’s amazing!!!! And each patch in my pedalboard being set up for each instrument I have complete tonal control and great sound for them as well. It takes some adjusting to get it the way you like it but once set it’s been a play it and forget it. I like it so well that I now have a collection of modded 400’s, a Revelation rig, and a Mesa Boogie for sale. Lol.